“Waste of Time”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mooresville, Indiana
“Waste of Time”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very poor communication-almost impossible to get a call through and when you do good luck getting any answers. Should of seen this coming & not even bothered making the trip down as we received a phone call 1/2 hour before check in saying our room had been doubled booked! We were already in Nashville and this being peak season the only option they could give us was @ a corporate chain hotel next to the interstate highway with a strip mall for a view-not exactly what you pay $200/night for in Brown County, IN!! We told them we wanted a refund and were told since we booked with Travelocity that we would need to contact them for a refund-which we did and are waiting for a credit to our charge. Major waste of time-I have been treated far better in other countries where I could barely speak the language. This trip was supposed to be a celebration of our 22nd wedding anniversary-save yourself the heartache and don't waste your time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Duke2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Erlanger
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went on a long weekend to Brown County over Labor Day weekend and stayed at the Always Inn. When we arrived, it took a phone call to get the attention of the owner to let us in. The room was very small compared to other B and B's we have stayed. It was very rustic as other reviews have stated. It was not far from Columbus or Nashville, Indiana, sort of in the middle. The location was great. The owner was no where to be found in the evening when we arrived after dinner, just a note that she would be back for breakfast. The breakfast the next day for myself was marginal. My husband and I will not be going back to the Always Inn.

Room Tip: Call to see what rooms are bigger
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I won a two night stay from my work in the form of a gift card to bedandbreakfast.com. Always Inn and one other property in Nashville were the only two options available. The other property wasn't family friendly so we were forced into booking at Always Inn. It is certainly saying something that even though the stay was free we felt ripped off. We had a terrible time finding the property first off, as another reviewer noted, it is poorly marked and dangerous to attempt a turn into from either direction on 46. Drive up the steep driveway and find the very poorly cared for and very run down looking property. This should have been a huge warning sign but I proceeded inside. The inside is worse by far. Extremely run down and dirty! Mismatched furnishings and dirty worn carpet. After checking in, I went upstairs to survey the room, and it was much worse. We stayed in the "Bitter Sweet" room which was all bitter and no sweet. The bed was rickety and terribly uncomfortable, the carpet was stained with black marks all over, and dried dead bugs as well. The fold out bed apparently smelled so bad my daughter refused to sleep on it, opting for the dated, tiny, dirty setee instead. The whirlpool tub was the only good thing in this room. We woke for breakfast on Saturday and came down to OJ, and browning (looked left over from the day before) fruit salad. We were then served stone cold biscuits and gravy with a side of greasy home fries. My husbands first fork full of potatoes revealed a very long hair interwoven with the onion/potato mixture and that was the end of breakfast. Suffice to say we returned to our room hungry and promptly packed up. We did not stay for our second night, instead opting to return home to Cincinnati rather than spend another horrid night in this dump. We were extremely disappointed as this trip was for our 10th anniversary which will now be memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank 13sgirl

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I booked my reservation online from their website and had no problems. The new owner was wonderful to work with me when I needed to change the date of my visit. I had no problems with checking in or the service. The surroundings are beautiful and natural in everyway, it was truely a quiet secuded retreat for me. The inn keeper was very pleasant and willing to make the stay a great expereience, plus she is a fabulous cook and hostess. This is a rustic retreat that I would recommend to my friends. Again, the new owner bent over backwards to make sure everything was to my liking. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan Center, Michigan
Reviewed July 1, 2012

After taking over an hour to find it we arrived to a lonely inn surrounded by overgrown brush. It had the appearance of once being cared for but forgotten. It was like going back in time. First, this inn is not near Nashville. It is off of 46 and very difficult to find. It is dangerous to turn into coming from the West. Upon arrival, there was no one in sight. It was weird - sort of creepy! We were a little scared at first! There is no "office." I finally knocked on a door upstairs to find the inn keeper. She was really nice once we found her. We almost did not stay because it was so run down. The room was strange. The bed was broken and banged against the wall every time we moved. The room at first glance looked ok ... but on closer look, the carpet was dirty. There was a hole in the wall where a cord came out of for the overhead light. The good thing about the breakfast was the coffee, the juice, and the fresh fruit. The waffles were store bought toaster made after being frozen. The pictures on the website are not current. We would not have not stayed there but the week-end was totally booked-up everywhere.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nomadforeverandever
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 23, 2012

If you seek a quiet refuge nestled on a shady hilltop, and enjoy nature’s occasional visit of humming birds, deer, turkey, or a curious raccoon named Becky; then be sure to visit Always Inn in Nashville Indiana. From the Inn’s delicious food, to the coffee, tea and the joyous chit-chat of the Inn Keeper and its patrons; it was an absolutely refreshing change of pace from my business schedule. I still miss the quiet nights sitting on the deck and reflect on a simpler time and place in the hills of Nashville. Many blessings to Freda and Billie Jean for making my stay such a memorable experience! Yes – I will return this fall to experience nature’s changing pallet of colors and seasonal aromas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James S
Kendallville, Indiana
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Booked a room online from the room photo and description. BIG MISTAKE!!! We were in the vicinity a week prior to our booked date and visited to ask a few questions before we arrived. We were informed by the Innkeeper the photos and room descriptions are outdated on the web site and that the room we booked would not have the queen couch as pictured and described. We were disappointed and upset that the web site was inaccurate. We informed the innkeeper, based on her information, that we did not want to stay and wanted our charge card credited. She said she could not do that and we would have to take it up with the owner who lives in California. The owner refused to return our calls or respond to our emails. Long story short, we did not stay and after 5 months of working with the credit card company we finally received a credit on our card. No thanks to the owner. This experience has left a lasting impression with me regarding the honesty and integrity of the bed and breakfast business industry. Shame on the Always Inn for intentionally deceiving those who want to book a get away only to be disappointed and betrayed. My advise is to call and speak to the Innkeeper before booking online. Do not book solely on what you read or see on the Always Inn web site.

Room Tip: Speak to the Innkeeper about the room you are interested in before booking online. The credit card i...
Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple