“A wonderful spot, nearby charming fun”
Review of Allison House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Allison House Inn
Ranked #7 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had the pleasure of being invited by a friend to join her in spending an evening at the Allison House Inn in Nashville, Indiana during a recent "Girls Day Out" excursion. This location was right off the main thoroughfare and closeby many shops and restaurants. The great thing was that even though you were in the middle of the excitement you also had the feeling of quiet retreat...the deck/porch area had a wonderful firepit area with comfortable seating that allowed us to enjoy the changing leaves of the trees, hear the squirrels scurrying about for nuts, and see the birds flying about too. The bedrooms were comfortable and pretty, the common areas decorated in a lovely fashion, and the house hostess, Pam, was a wonderful lady who talked with us, and made us scrumptious treats and breakfast the following morning. My friend even had need of special dietary exceptions and was given wonderful consideration and food that met her restrictions perfectly (in yummy ways). I would certainly recommend this location to anyone visiting the area...you will be welcomed considerately and treated very well.

Room Tip: The twin rooms would be perfect for friends travelling in pairs, and if you have a few lady friends...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim L

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Thank you for an excellent two-night stay! As a B&B owner as well, I noted that your service to each individual guest was exceptional. Not only were the breakfasts filling, but also exceptional delicious and thank you for making my dietary restrictions seem minor when preparing not only each mornings' breakfasts but also the evenings' goodies. I can highly recommend this B&B for individuals who are looking for a Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free B&B stay! Thank you Allison House Inn - I'll be back for some more pampering in the spring.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed of equal value - the country charm and room sitting area on the second floor we...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We just returned from a weekend trip to Nashville, IN and stayed at the Allison House Inn for 2 nights. I have been to several B & B's and have to say that the hosts went above and beyond the normal requirements to make sure everyone was taken care of from breakfast until bedtime. The location is very convenient and within walking distance of all of the shops and restaurants. The rooms were spotless and very cozy and comfortable. The hosts stack wood daily in the fire pit on the deck so that the guests can settle in and relax in the evenings on the deck to visit and enjoy the beautiful evenings outside. The food was excellent - especially the homemade cinnamon rolls and pumpkin french toast. I am a very neat and particular person and I can say I would HIGHLY recommend the Allison House to anyone staying in Nashville, Indiana.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Atchison_12
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I plan a yearly trip for 9 of my female friends and family every year. This was our first year in Nashville/Brown County. I stopped by the Allison House Inn months before the girls' trip just to check things out and was impressed with the bed and breakfast. The innkeepers set aside a time to meet with me and show me around. I booked the entire inn for our group on that day and it was definitely the right move! I've been to a few B&B's and to find one with a FULL bath in each room does not seem to be the norm...but it is here. The rooms themselves are laid out wonderfully, each one having it's own character. The beds and linens were comfortable, clean, and cozy. There were three main areas to socialize to: the living room downstairs which had plenty of seating (and access to a bathroom), an outside deck, and at the top of the stairs near the bedrooms. Our group took full advantage of all but the upstairs sitting area. There was plenty of room for all of us, our stuff, our food, and our beverages (we enjoy our evening cocktail/snack hours together). Breakfast was incredible...No large communal bowls of fruit or bread and not a casserole dish in sight. Pam made an individual breakfast plate for each and every one of us...catering to any dietary needs (she does need to know this in advance). Quiche, French toast, enormous cinnamon rolls, scones, and with fruit, granola, toast, etc. We had two vegetarians and one person with a gluten free diet and Pam made sure no one went hungry! In the evenings there was a covered dish of fresh baked cookies for us to nosh on and tea/water/coffee was always available. Speaking of Pam, not only did she spoil us with incredible homemade breakfasts but she took the time to take each person on a tour of the inn, explain where all necessary items were, prepare "packets" of brochures and maps of the town AND personally circling, labeling, and calling out places of interest. She spent time with us each morning talking about Nashville and family and the inn. Our group felt welcomed, spoiled, and more than well taken care of. I could not have asked for a better place for the ladies to stay. When we return to Nashville, we will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheGuppy
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is awesome. The rooms are so homey, comfortable and spacious - decorated with lovely local antique furnishings and the inn itself part of the town history. It is close enough to everything without being directly in the middle of it, making it peaceful and convenient at the same time. Pam, the Inn Hostess, is very friendly, knowledgeable and full of ideas to help make the most out of your stay. I would stay a month at this fantastic place just to enjoy all of her homemade dishes. I was here as part of a girl's trip and she met all of our varied dietary requests (celiac, vegetarian, etc.) creatively and deliciously. You will have your taste buds delighted and not go away from the table hungry. Her homemade baked items provided for snacking could almost be a meal in itself. Pam and the familial atmosphere of the Inn create a true sense of coming home. Nashville in itself creates that ambiance as well with all the friendly folks and great places to visit. I look forward to many more visits here. Thanks Pam and Jeff!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are on the second floor, so keep that in mind when booking. Also, all of the rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Just returned from our trip to Nashville, IN. So glad we chose the Allison House B&B, The room was clean and cozy, The location was perfect for whatever you might want to do. And to add to this experience were the wonderful and most gracious innkeepers Pam & Scott! Who went above and beyond to make sure their guest had everything they needed, I pulled out my back the night before our trip to Nashville, when Pam found out she put ice packs in the freezer and they would be available to me anytime I needed them, The Breakfasts were outstanding and the table was elegantly set. Fresh baked goodies and choice of beverages always available FYI the blueberry scones are out of this world!! Hope I can make it back..I will be staying here!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie R
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just returned from our visit to Nashville, IN and the surrounding area.
The Allison House Inn is the perfect place to stay-clean, comfortable, and convenient to everything. The best B&B experience we've ever had!

Pam & Scott are outstanding innkeepers-gracious and accommodating! Pam saw to our every need, from meeting dietary restrictions to providing information on local attractions and history of the area. The breakfasts were not only beautifully prepared and presented, but delicious as well! Fresh baked cookies and beverages were always available, which is a thoughtful touch. It felt like a home away from home - we look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple