“Generous portions of good food”

Hobnob Corner Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife's brother and his wife came to visit from Ohio. On the second day we drove to Nashville, Indiana, a small community east of Bloomington. After perusing a few high class gift shops and buying some stuff it was lunch time.
My wife suggested the Hob Nob, a former drug store with a soda fountain and stools at the counter. When we entered the venue all the stools were surrounded by tables accommodating the lunch crowd. No way to sit at the stools and get ice cream as before. The place was packed but we were quickly seated.
I opted for the small portion of open face smoked turkey sandwich and asked our professional and friendly server, Genevieve, if I could substitute steak fries for the bacon. She said No Problem. My wife chose the Reuben sandwich. My brother-in-law went for the pot roast sandwich and his wife the black bean soup.
When we were served I had to ask Genevieve if this was the small portion. She smiled and said YES!! What a sandwich! It had a thick slice of great tasting turkey breast and the steak fries while not crispy tasted super. In fact my wife recounted as how I am soo finicky with fries if they are not crispy. Her sandwich was declared a winner with GREAT cole slaw and her brother had trouble finishing his half portion sandwich.
Bottom line: The venue is nothing special as it is an old drug store with worn table tops over cast-iron pedestals but the food is very good tasting and great value. Helped by friendly and efficient wait staff.

There are newer reviews for Hobnob Corner Restaurant

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very good breakfast, and great coffee too, not something you always find. We bought a scone on the way out for a late morning snack and it was one of the best we ever had.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We visited Brown county and liked this restaurant so much we ate their twice. Duck was great. Rabbit was very nice. They get my best ever hamburger award also. Moderately priced. Nice atmosphere in old building. Staff was exceptional.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The baked goods are worth the trip. Love the loggers hash, one of my favorite breakfasts. The portions are huge and could be spilt.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The place is always busy, but the breakfasts are great. Probably, the most affordable restaurant in town.