“Convenience and Good”

Artist's Colony Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The food and service is good. Being a Bed and breakfast allowed us also to experience the food in the morning.

There are newer reviews for Artist's Colony Restaurant

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been to Artist's Colony several times and each time is a wonderful experience!!! Great food and just a nice place to spend with friends and relax. Must try the sun fries which is sweet potato fries with a wonderful caramel dip! Yum!!!!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just okay for a bite after a long drive to Nashville. Salad was good but the pot pie had little chicken in it even after I specifically asked about it. Good creamed carrots if that is what you are looking for. My daughter had the chicken breast which she said was good as was the sweet potato.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We liked the food for the price and the atmosphere was nice (Shaker style chairs/tables, soothing colors). The service was well below par for the price, however.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I find it incredible that there are so many great reviews about the service and food in this restaurant. My family and I dined at the AC after a nice day riding horses and shopping in Nashville. It was against my better judgement because I remember having quite a few reservations about my previous dining experience in this restaurant.
This restaurant employs cooks, not chefs. I do not in any way wish to seem overly critical, but simply put, my grandmother's fried chicken dinners on a Sunday afternoon tasted like fare from the Cordon Bleu compared to the "cuisine" of this restaurant. It is neither healthy nor tasted anything close to "comfort food," as some reviews have called it.
The food was what could be poured out of cans or bags, and was poorly seasoned. In a place such as Nashville, with the tourist draw it has, I would expect that the restaurants would be top notch in terms of quality and service, hiring award-winning chefs to cater to discriminating palates.
In addition, our server was rude and made multiple errors with our orders.
The din of the place was such that it was difficult to have a decent conversation amongst ourselves.
In the future I'll be sure to remember this final dining adventure at the Artists Colony. I will not be back.

1  Thank Karen B