“Great food out in the country”

The Story Inn Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: 160 year old village turned boutique bed & breakfast featuring unique overnight accommodations in the towns original cottages. The original general store is now the Story Inn Restaurant which serves brunch and dinner featuring seasonal New American cuisine, paired with an award winning wine list. The Story Still, located below the restaurant offers a full bar with a rotating Hoosier micro beer collection. Story offers several unique wedding and event venues, including a 100 year old barn, gardens, and old mill.
Reviewed September 23, 2011

The Story Inn is a gem in the midst of a restaurant wasteland. The food was excellent, the ambiance is fun and funky. Piano player on Saturday night was top notch. It is a little pricey (entrees run from about $20 to $35). We enjoyed the food and our server was great. BUT, we did have a problem. There were 11 of us and I made the reservation 4 weeks earlier. When we arrived, we were told it would be a 15 to 20 minute wait for our table. About an hour later, we were finally seated. After ordering, it was another 45 minutes before we saw our food, and one of our party didn't get her dinner until 15 minutes after that. It was a Saturday night and I know that a group of 11 is not easy. I would definitely go here again if I am in the area, but not with a large group on a Saturday night.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

My Wife and I have visited the Restaurant on four or five occasions. We love the food and atmosphere and consider it a special treat to invite friends and family. In March of 2011 we were a group of four. Three of us enjoyed the filet, which we all agreed, was possibly the best cut of beef we ever had. The fourth member had a seafood sish which she also rated excellent. In July, we made a family trip with our son and daughter-in-law from Texas to dine. I am a seafood lover and dined on the tastiest scallops ever!
Each time we take friends I always announce, although it is a little "pricey", The food, sevice and ambience make it a delightful evening. Even the drive to Story is beautiful. Like stepping back in time!

1  Thank Jon P
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Went there for breakfast and was not disappointed. Great version of their biscuits and gravy! Great atmosphere! Felt like I was back in in the 1940s.....would have loved to come back for dinner.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

My family decided to eat a nice meal for Mother's day at Story Inn. I had been there before, and the food was good. But we should have eaten a cold hotdog instead of this unedible food. The tilapia was smelly and fishy. The chicken was tough and the potato salad came out of can. The chicken salad sandwich was bland and it had the potato salad. The biscuits and gravy was like glue. There were no bright spots. Ugh. We tried to eat but soon shoved our plates back. The waitress was snippy also. I will never go there again, and I have told 15 people already never to go there. This news will spread quickly. Also, while waiting for our table, I noticed political pamphlets on the counter. I do not think this is the proper place to push politcal views. Not a good enjoyable Mother's day!

1  Thank sgohs
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Loved the scenic relaxing drive out to the Inn, but the food was terrible. I had the dry, flat no flavor quiche. My son had the unedible biscuts & gravy. My husband had the fish & it again was not fit for human consumption. We will never go back... Also, when I am trying to enjoy a relaxing day I DO NOT want to have the owners political views shoved down my throat! Tacky!!!

1  Thank wildgourd

Been to The Story Inn Restaurant? Share your experiences!