“We had lunch and went back for supper....”
Review of Abe Martin Lodge

Abe Martin Lodge
Ranked #22 of 45 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

need I say more.
Menu was GREAT variety. Prices were reasonable- kind of amazing when they are the only convenient choice if you are in the park.
I had Taco Salad for lunch- it was good. For supper I tried a grilled chicken breast- it was also good.
We got a free sample of the fried biscuits- not to my liking - but other liked it.
Our evening server was more friendly than the noon server- but both did a fine job.
Sat evening they had music - one man guitar- he was very good.
Atmosphere is GREAT- old hardwood floors---
Check it out!

5  Thank NKRGmom
There are newer reviews for Abe Martin Lodge

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This restaurant has a very good Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We decided to opt for the lunch buffet. My party was at the Abe Martin Lodge for a couple of nights and days for a holiday. We slept in and had lunch at this rustic but good restaurant in our lodge. The staff was young and friendly, the service was excellent and they seemed interested in our experience in this beautiful area of Indiana.

The buffet has one of the best salad bars which I have ever seen at a restaurant. The two soups were equally excellent as well. The rest was an amazing array of "country cooking", the fried meatloaf was average but the fried chicken was as very good. However, the sides and the dessert was excellent. Very good before a day of walking around and hiking. The views on the terrace (weather pending) is breathtaking... also a bit romantic, if I must say so.

4  Thank McCall E
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Little Gem this morning. Now, I understand it was a Sunday morning, but the service was horrible!! Once we finally got seated, it took the waitress about 15 minutes to show up! All the waitresses kept just staring at us rather than even talk to us! We had menus so it was obvious we hadn't been helped yet. Once a waitress started helping, it got better! Food was ok. Had many breakfast buffets that were better. But it was good for the price. ($8.99)

3  Thank Jason R
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This restaurant has the best buffet around, and I have been to many. Their sunday buffet has a large salad bar and at least 3 types of meat, veggies and bread. They have a wonderful selection of deserts. We were so impressed, we went back on Mother's Day. Had to have reservations on that day. They wait staff are very nice and efficient. The only downfall is you have to pay $5 just to get into the park to eat at the restaurant.

3  Thank mommumma
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Husband and I went to Nashville yesterday and ate at the Lodge. We didn't plan to but my favorite spot The Hobnob, had a line out the door. So we went and enjoyed the park for awhile and tried out the buffet. It was really nice. I had the fried chicken, mac and cheese, fresh spinach salad, green beans, and the chicken noodle soup. I am picky about fried chicken and this was really good, crispy on the outside and juicy in without being over spiced. Husband says meat loaf was ok but not great. Salad bar had good fresh selection with no iceberg lettuce in sight. The chicken noodle soup was also very good with real chicken chunks and celery that tasted fresh. Not out of a box or can at all. Peach cobler and bread pudding was nice, they also had fried biscuits and apple butter. The dining room was clean, wait staff attentive and friendly and the squirrels hopping in and out of the bird feeder outside the window entertaining. Everything was very good, nothing greasy or weird and I would recommend it to a friend.
The drive to the park was lovely very hilly with lush shady trees, lots of hiking trials to work off the cobler and we saw a biking trail also (not for the weak of knees ouch!). Lodge had a nice indoor swimming pool with slides and fun stuff for kids.

3  Thank southernjenny

Been to Abe Martin Lodge? Share your experiences!