“Great Hospitality!”

Ranked #21 of 48 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed one night at the lodge with my nieces for a Spring Break get-away. They are 8 and 12 years old. They both really enjoyed the indoor water park as did I. The rooms were very comfortable and, although this is an older building, very well maintained. No complaints, the front desk staff were very nice and friendly. We didn't have time to hike or enjoy any other activities in the park but it was a beautiful park and I would highly suggest staying here. Also in the area is the town of Nashville, with lots of cute shops and not too far away is an outlet mall that is quite large but didn't find any good outlet prices. Still had a great time and would do it all over again.

2  Thank IslandH0pper1

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Don't waste your time on this one. First night of our stay we ate off the menu. Pork chops dried out and only 3/8" thick maybe. Best part of the meal was the baked potato. Breakfast the next morning was passable. Much better food available 1.5 miles away.

The stay at the lodge was great though.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

After an early morning hike, I enjoyed the breakfast buffet at The Little Gem Restaurant inside Brown County State Park. This is a spread where you must ignore your doctor's advice, as this was a wonderful sample of southern Indiana home cooking. In memory of my recently departed father, I scarfed down a small bowl of biscuits and gravy, then turned my attention to hash brown and cheese casserole, pancakes, and French toast with fruit toppings, which were complemented by sausage, bacon, and an assortment of hot and cold cereal. My next hike was more like a waddle-walk.

The Little Gem Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Abe Martin Lodge.

2  Thank redink46142
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We enjoyed a beautiful hike through Brown County and worked up quite an appetite. The buffet was okay-the food was nothing special but it was hot and good and there was a lot of it. The fried biscuits were a treat! The service was friendly and efficient and the setting is beautiful. We plan to make this an annual tradition but next time I would order off the menu.

2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is great for a family. Stayed in the lodge. Could use an update but is very clean and taken care of. Custodian built us a campfire with just a simple request. Small game room for the kids. Water park is small but great fun for the kids. Lots of places to watch tv and play games. We will come back for sure.

2  Thank sjjonesvacationer

Been to Abe Martin Lodge? Share your experiences!