“Sample Southern Indiana Cooking at Breakfast Buffet”
Review of Abe Martin Lodge

Abe Martin Lodge
Ranked #20 of 49 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

After an early morning hike, I enjoyed the breakfast buffet at The Little Gem Restaurant inside Brown County State Park. This is a spread where you must ignore your doctor's advice, as this was a wonderful sample of southern Indiana home cooking. In memory of my recently departed father, I scarfed down a small bowl of biscuits and gravy, then turned my attention to hash brown and cheese casserole, pancakes, and French toast with fruit toppings, which were complemented by sausage, bacon, and an assortment of hot and cold cereal. My next hike was more like a waddle-walk.

The Little Gem Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Abe Martin Lodge.

2  Thank redink46142

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We enjoyed a beautiful hike through Brown County and worked up quite an appetite. The buffet was okay-the food was nothing special but it was hot and good and there was a lot of it. The fried biscuits were a treat! The service was friendly and efficient and the setting is beautiful. We plan to make this an annual tradition but next time I would order off the menu.

2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is great for a family. Stayed in the lodge. Could use an update but is very clean and taken care of. Custodian built us a campfire with just a simple request. Small game room for the kids. Water park is small but great fun for the kids. Lots of places to watch tv and play games. We will come back for sure.

2  Thank sjjonesvacationer
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have ate here many times and are usually not disappointed. Sunday night we came in hoping for buffet, but had to order off the menu. I ordered a burger and it was very good, but they forgot the cheese. We also had to keep reminding our server to bring ketchup, refills, etc. and she even forgot to put one of our orders in and they had to wait about 10 minutes after everyone else was served before their food was cooked.
Other than that, the food was good. Not great, but good.
We ate breakfast here Tuesday and the biscuits and gravy were great, my daughters pancakes...not so much.

1  Thank shifty_travels
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our server did not have a clue. Although young and new, filling drinks is a basic function. Two of our plates that didn't need cooked were apparently plated while they waited for fried chicken to cook. My meatloaf was cold. Food is just cafeteria food. Nothing special and the plate had set so long the gravy had skin on it. Again, service was very poor!

Been to Abe Martin Lodge? Share your experiences!