“Wife and I loved it”

Rawhide Ranch
Odon, Indiana
“Wife and I loved it”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Zip guides Fritz and Mollie were the best. They are very nice and very funny. Next time we will definitely take our kids with us. We also liked the horseback riding. Downtown Nashville has alot of very neat little shops and places to eat. Rawhide Ranch is a great place to stay just to get away from it all and relax.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelly Tina B
Raistlinalpha, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Kelly,
We couldn't agree more that Fritz and Mollie are the best. You should definitely return with the kids. The ranch is very kid friendly and we often get a tear or two out of them when they leave. The ranch family hopes to see you again in the near future.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the ranch.

Ranch Manager/Partner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have stayed a dozen times over the last 8 years and it just keeps getting better. We went for a quick spring break getaway this week. Our 8 year old was excited to be old enough to do the zip line and horseback ride this year. Both were great, our thanks to Fritz and Cowboy Rec for making it memorable. Frank in The Banded Rooster makes the best breakfast! Don't miss his pancakes. We are already planning our next trip.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the tip is, Buck Inn, Brouse House and Ranch House. All are great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank rubyacres
Raistlinalpha, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Rubyacres,
Myself and the entire ranch family appreciates your many years of visiting the ranch. One of the greatest benefits of doing what we do is seeing the families return year after year. Watching the kids grow. There are so many that we know by name upon sight.
We couldn't agree more that Rex and the Holler Hoppin' crew are great at what they do. Frank does make some mean biscuits and gravy along with even better conversation.
We hope to see you sooner than next year!

Ranch Manager/partner
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 8, 2014

When the bride to be told me she wanted to have a laid-back get-to-gether in Brown County for her bachelorette party, I began to search for the perfect place. I found Rawhide Ranch & thought it sounded perfect.
Derek, Kisha & everyone else at the ranch were awesome! We had a blast zip lining, horseback riding and just hanging out. We all wanted a different type of party and this was perfect.
Thank you to everyone at Rawhide Ranch for making the weekend a great one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Amanda,
It was great having all the gals to the ranch. The ranch appreciates allowing us to help you facilitate such a special occasion. I personally appreciated the great conversation and the wine. I hope we will see you guys back at the ranch in the near future. Make sure to toss a "congratulations" to the bride for me on her big day!

Ranch Manager/Partner
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Thank you to the whole gang from the holler hoppin ziplining, to the horseback riding, and everyone else who worked so very hard to make sure that we had a wonderful experience! Derek you and your crew are a great bunch. Fritz you have trained your newbie's well! they did a great job. We went zippin' with Mike & Molly, even though it was raining they made it a blast! I HIGHLY recommend the ranch if your looking for some awesome outdoor fun!!! This is the place to be!!! Thanks again Rawhide Ranch you will always rate #1 with the "Mom's Gone Wild" gang!!!

Room Tip: any of the rooms or the cabin are always excellent choices!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Raistlinalpha, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Jane,
Thank you for taking the time to write the review and the years of visiting the ranch. We do love to harass the "Mom's Gone Wild" girls but we wouldn't harass you unless we loved having you on the ranch. Make sure to tell the whole gang that the ranch said "Howdy" and we are looking forward to next year's visit.

New Palestine, Indiana
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We brought my 8 year old son and his friend for a couple nights over spring break. To the boys, this place was as good as it gets! Rachel and Rex were very patient with them and let them help with the horse chores (which was their favorite part). They had a blast ziplining. The guides were funny and made it even more fun! We were comfortable in the Inn. The boys beg on a daily basis for us to bring them back and we most definitely will!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Emily,
Thanks for bringing the boys to the ranch for spring break. I know Rex and Rachel enjoyed having the two boys as extra hands. We believe we have great staff on the ranch and on the zips but it is even better to hear it from the guest. I do need to agree with the boys, you need to come back soon.

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in the fall for 4 days/3 nights. She has such a love for horses and we both love the outdoors. We stayed in the Doc Holiday room and it was awesome. It is a ranch and rustic, so you have to consider if that is your thing. For us, it was paradise. The room was so quaint, clean and comfy. Maybe it was running all over the place during the day, but the bed felt wonderful to us and we both slept like logs. There were flies in the room, but that was mostly from having the french doors open so much. We loved that feature! We would sit outside and watch the stars or the sun come up in the morning as the horses grazed in the fields. The flies tended to stay on the ceiling. In the day, we would swat what we could. It is a ranch.

My daughter was in heaven helping Gil tend to the horses and I was in my glory tending to the fire. It felt wonderful in the Oct. weather. The campfire was just so peaceful and relaxing to sit around and read or have a glass of wine. Others would join now and then, so you had company if you wanted it.

We didn't eat meals there as we went into town or had food we brought. The refrigerator and microwave were very handy for that. A lot of people did eat there and it smelled wonderful. We kept a cooler in our room for drinks and snacks.

Gil was the most delightful part of the visit, after the horses. I am sure he would agree. Just kidding. He is such an amazing man and was the best guide for horseback riding you could hope to get. We rode about four times and each ride was more and more fun. The last morning it was just Gil and us and it was magical riding the hills of Brown County and enjoying the warm fall air. It was a time my daughter and I will never forget. For me, this was on my bucket list and was such a delight to be able to do.

My daughter kept disappearing from sight and I would always just check where the horses were, and there she would be. It is nice as she as an adult could do her thing and I could do mine as well as doing things together. She was able to get her running in in the morning and I could sit on the deck and watch her and read. So fun. One time she did disappear and when I went looking for her, I found her coming back from the office. She had booked us an entire week next year. She didn't want to take a chance on missing out. Now, just hoping Gil is still there and working with the horses to make our visit complete.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kittysfriend
Raistlinalpha, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Kittysfriend,
Wow, another great review and 5 stars...or dots. It sounds like the two of you truly enjoyed your trip to the ranch. Thank you for coming to the ranch and we look forward to having the two of you for a full week next year. We couldn't agree more that Gill is great and we hope to have him around the ranch for years to come.

Thanks,
Ranch Manager
Rawhide Ranch USA
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our family consists of Mom and Dad in our mid thirties with 2 daughters, 10 yrs and 12 yrs old. We saw some great December weather coming so we included our first Rawhide visit into our Holiday plans. We made reservations at 11am for the Holler Hoppin' Ziplines, then lunch onsite, then 2pm reservations for horseback riding. The weather folks were right and we got our 48 degrees with plenty of sun. This may have helped, but the crew at Rawhide did their part as well.

The ziplining was extremely safe and fun for all. We were paired with another family who also turned out to be good company. The two gentlemen that guided us were very efficient and friendly. The price of admission included 6 jumps which got progressively more exciting as you went along. This was nice so the wife and kids could warm up to the process.

Lunch was prepared and ready for us promptly at noon. We had paid in advance for "Burgers". The price was more than we would pay to eat at Texas Roadhouse so I was curious what we were getting into. While it was a bit overpriced, we weren't overly disappointed when we realized we had the restaurant to ourselves. They had prepared excellent broccoli and cheese soup that was waiting for us along with chips and lemonade. The burgers were above average and they even had a soybean burger that my wife said was ok. The chef /waiter was running the show and he was very pleasant. I enjoyed his conversation and he wrapped up our meal by brewing us fresh coffee to enjoy while waiting for our Horseback appt.

We simply walked around the barn to our apt and were assigned our horses and walked through a quick lesson. My girls were beaming before, during, and after our hike. They absolutely loves the entire process. The hilly terrain and dense woods allowed for an entertaining trail ride. Our horses were well trained and responded well to our commands. If we could only choose one activity, we would do the Horseback riding again! After riding, we took some pictures with at least a dozen horses and were allowed to pet them as long as we wanted.

Our room was a wonderful bargain. I will come back and stay even if weather doesn't allow the activities. The kids enjoyed the bunk beds and it was clean considering it's a barn resort! By hotel standards it was average. All we were expecting was a bed but the furniture was nice and the common area just outside our room included fridges, fireplaces, and plenty of room to stretch our legs and relax. They even had bored games available to borrow. Our room included our own bathroom which had plenty of hot water. They do not have TV's or wireless internet in the rooms which actually forced us to spend time together!

During the evening hours they offer a very nice outdoor fire pit / bonfire with plenty of seating. There are fishing ponds available but they were still frozen so we didn't try them out this weekend.

Overall, we really had a nice time. The entire family wants to go back. They treated us like friends staying with them for the weekend. We have posted lots of pictures on social media and shared our adventure with friends and family. I think this place will continue to grow in popularity year after year!

I understand this is a review for Rawhide but it's worth mentioning that its in the middle of nowhere yet only a couple miles to a winery, a CVS, and downtown Nashville shops. The property itself is literally connected to Brown County State Park!

Room Tip: Check the website and try to get a room with balcony access. Some only have one entrance from the co...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kiddalot,
I couldn't agree with you more. The weather that weekend was amazing. I wish we had that weather all winter long. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lengthy review about the ranch. Again, I can't stress how much we appreciate customers who take the time out of their busy lives to leave a review or share the ranch on facebook.
"They treated us like family" is one of your comments, that is exactly what the ranch staff attempts to do and it would seem we achieved our goal. Thank you for posting your pics on facebook and we hope to continue to grow year after year but not lose that family feeling.
Don't stay a stranger, hope to see you soon.

Thanks