“Rawhide Ranch is great!”
Review of Rawhide Ranch

Rawhide Ranch
Louisville, Kentucky
“Rawhide Ranch is great!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Buck Inn in Sept. 2013 and loved it! It is so cozy and comfortable. Very western (after all it is a Dude Ranch) and so nice to be able to heard the horses at night down below. The horseback ride with Gil was great, he makes it fun and gives a lot of information about the area. Unfortunately, on our second day, it rained a lot. So we were not able to take more rides, the trails were too slick. However, we enjoyed talking to Frank (the cook) and the other guests after breakfast, sitting on the deck around the 2nd floor of the Buck Inn between showers and watching the horses, wild turkeys, the goats and just relaxing and taking in the beauty of the setting. We were able to have a bonfire on the first night and that was fantastic sitting around the fire with trees all around on 3 sides and hearing the horses on the fourth side. Such a relaxing, friendly place to go. I felt like I was far away from cities and my usual responsibilities. So easy to relax. My friend and I intend to go back and hopefully it won't rain so we can do more riding. A thank you to all the staff who helped make our time there so lovely!

Room Tip: We took the Henry room, two double beds and it looked out on the round pen and we could watch the ho...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Raistlinalpha, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Carole,
Thank you for leaving such a great review, it would seem we succeeded in our mission to provide a great place for people to gather, reconnect and escape the modern day pace. Gil is a great guide and Frank is a hoot to chew the fat with. The ranch atmosphere is not for everyone but it would seem you felt right at home. I hope you and your friend return and that we see you guys soon.

Thanks for helping with the horses.

Rawhide Ranch USA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to come to Rawhide Ranch after thoroughly going over their website and after looking at many cabins and B&B's. We were getting away for only a few days and wanted somewhere reasonably priced, out of town but close to Nashville. Nashville is literally 5 minutes away from the Ranch.

We stayed in the Buck Inn and our room was the Henry. There are other options if you would like to have more privacy such as the Brouse house for couples and the Ranch house if you have a large family. The beds were reasonably comfortable. The mattresses were a bit softer than what we are used to but overall not bad. The room was very cozy and clean as shown in the pictures. The common area was fantastic. Very well lit with many games to choose from and the furniture was very comfortable. They provide a fridge and microwave for you. Which came in handy for us. We ate in town but next time we would like to eat there. The food smelled great.

My husband and I zip lined and went on the trail ride. They discount those activities if your staying at the ranch. Prices are very reasonable. Zip lining was so much fun!!!.. Our guides were fantastically funny and safe. Made even nervous folks have a great experience!

The horseback riding was wonderful. Lots of great trails that lead through hills and valleys. Gill did a great job of making the novice rider feel safe and have fun. For the more experienced rider Rawhide has a great variety of terrain to travel on to keep it fun and interesting. plus Gill has such a wonderful sense of humor and personality that honestly you could be riding circles in a round pen and you'd still have fun! It's easy to see why he is the adopted grandpa on the ranch. He genuinely cares about everyone and their experience on the ranch. He will go out of his way to make you feel welcome. And always has a smile on his face and a laugh to share. It's no wonder you can find all the kids trailing at his heels.

Derek, the head boss does everything he can to make sure your experience at the ranch runs smoothly and goes put of his way to fix any problems that arises. And if he has to leave there is always someone there to help you and he makes sure that if you need him for anything he is reachable by phone. As Derek and his family live on the ranch they have a lot to juggle not only running the ranch but raising a small family. As a mom of four and a wife of a husband that runs his business from home. I truly commend Derek and his wife for their commitment to the ranch and for the service Derek and his crew provides to their patrons. Its not easy running a business alongside where you live but Derek goes out of his way to make sure you feel as if you are genuinely an extended part of his family.

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the nightly campfires. To us this was the icing on the cake!.. We had time to ourselves at times but whenever others would join us it was fraught with wonderful conversation and laughs with others. I mean nothing is better to me than sitting at a campfire playing my guitar and having some lively conversation. This place is about "CONNECTING" with people and nature. It stands as a reminder of what's most important. Which are relationships.. It's refreshing to not be distracted by technology here. If technology and pampering are high on your priority list then this may not be the right place for you.. But if having lots of fun, having a place that's family friendly and being surrounded by nature and a myriad of wonderful people is important to you. Than I highly recommend Rawhide Ranch!

I can't wait to return for either another couples getaway or a family vacation. I've travelled a lot over this country, mexico as well as canada staying in everything from hotels to luxury resorts and this was probably by far my favorite trip out of all of them. I've never had this good of a time anywhere else.. The difference were the people here. These folks are the salt of the earth. And They are what makes this place special! My only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed October 2013
JeannieAndJimmy,
Wow, I have been typing and deleting for 1/2 an hour trying to put in an insightful response but there really isn't one. Your testimonial says it all. You basically have me speechless, which is unusual.

Thank you and please bring the kids to experience the ranch soon.
Tell Jimmy to let the boys help with a car or two.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I just left the ranch. It was easy to find, tucked in between Columbus and Nashville Indiana. It was about 15 minutes to either city but far enough away that we were able to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere the ranch provides. Gil took us on a horseback ride that was awesome! Thanks Gil for being a great trail guide. Keisha helped us check in and was very helpful! We enjoyed ourselves and will be back!

• Stayed September 2013
Yotim,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and your kind words. We all agree with you that Gill is a great guide and goes out of his way to make everyone as relaxed as they can be for a ride. I will let Gill and Kisha know you complimented them.

Don't stay a stranger. Keep your eyes open for special events and dinners now that we have the Banded Rooster (dining area).

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A group of us went to the Rawhide Ranch a few weeks ago for Ziplining and it was the best experience that we've had Ziplining so far. Jessie and Grant were our guides and they were hilarious. They kept us entertained from start to finish. They were very personable with us and made ziping through the woods exciting. My niece even made Jessie Twerk. Lol!! We had a great time and would advise anyone going to Nashville, Indiana to check out the Ranch. Oh, I almost forgot about Gill, he was very funny also wrangling those horses and posing for pictures with us. We did not stay at the ranch but GREAT PLACE TO VISIT!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Tamika,
Jesse twerking? Where is the video or photographic evidence?
Thank you guys from coming to the ranch to zip. We agree that Holler Hoppin' Zip LInes is a unique, fun and family adventure. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and keeping us informed on the crew. We all hope that next time you come to the ranch you would stay the night to enjoy the same activities at the discounted rate along with a great breakfast.

Don't stay a stranger!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed a coupled days as a weekend getaway and we enjoyed it! Service was great and friendly and very professional.

They also have ziplining and horseback riding onsite for good prices, we do both and also enjoyed it very much! Overall great stay, will be back if in the area!

• Stayed September 2013
RanchBOss_10, Owner at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Greg,
Thanks for choosing the ranch for your getaway. I hope you and your lady will return in near future and thank you for taking your time to write this review. We all know how busy we are and we appreciate the effort.

Ranch Manager/Partner
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We did not stay on site but we wished we would have after visiting the Buck Inn after our horseback tour. We had Gil as of tour guide and he was amazing! I was a little nervous about riding and he does a great job of making you feel safe and distracted me just enough that I could relax and have fun. He was very friendly. After our tour he showed us around the Buck Inn and some of the grounds. We are going back for the zip line before we return home and we will be staying at the Buck Inn for our next visit to Brown County.

Stayed September 2013
RanchBOss_10, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Saligurl3404,

You didn't stay? Now you definitely have a reason to come back to the ranch. The ranch was lucky to find Gil and have him join our ranch family. You will never meet a more genuine individual who truly cares about people. Don't forget to give us some advance notice when you want to book your return trip, we get busier every year.

Ranch Manager/partner
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Mollie & Krystel were wonderful guides on the zip. They kept things fun and lively. We had a group of 10 and they took time to remember each person's name and how the group dynamic worked (family, in-laws, and friends in the group; ages 8 to 61). Check-in went smoothly as each person paid their own way and that was not an issue. We are considering going back for the night time zip lining.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Breezy95
Breezy95,
I agree that Mollie and Krystel are great guides. The ranch believes that we need to keep that personal connection. Zip lining is a fun activity but when you add great staff who genuinely care about the experience they provide it becomes an amazing experience.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to see you again soon.

Ranch Manager/partner