“Spring Break Fun!”
Review of Rawhide Ranch

Rawhide Ranch
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We came to Rawhide Ranch for three nights during Spring Break; it was our family of five and another family of five. The place was a perfect family getaway. The Ranch House was so nice and the perfect size. We loved the fireplace and old tub showers. It was a bonus not to have a TV and just enjoy being together playing games. The kitchen was perfect for us to make great meals for the 10 of us. We also had a fun time in the backyard fire pit. We spent time looking at the stars, playing the guitar, singing songs and of course, making s’mores. We were able to take the first horse trail ride for the day. We got up early to help get the horses ready for riding. That is a must for kids; they got to walk the horses to the barn and then brush and groom them for the day. Our kids had a blast doing that.

Oh, by the way, the ranch hands are AMAZING. They made my kids feel so welcome and treated them as family. I was so worried for my 9 year old son who has some health issues and fears. I wasn’t sure he would ride a horse but he did so well and Gil made his day by being so encouraging. It was perfect and he ending up doing the zip lines as well. My 5 year old did the pony ride and it was the best thing ever. My daughter had so much fun and with no time limit. She can’t wait to ride Pepper again!

We definitely were treated like family on The Ranch. It was a great experience and we can’t wait to get back there again soon. I recommend that you take part in as many activities on The Ranch as possible. You will not be disappointed and the price is family friendly!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
RanchBOss_10, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

AndyR990
I am blown away by your amazing review of the ranch. Rawhide Ranch USA is a unique lodging destination and we don't pretend to be the perfect location for everyone. It would seem by your review that we were most definitely the location for your family.
By the way, I enjoyed the guitar playing, so whoever it was in your family, tell that individual they are really good.
I hope that you guys do return to see what new additions to the ranch we have created for you, our guests.

Rawhide Ranch USA

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been going to the ranch for about 7 years and it just keeps getting better my kids love it there the horse riding and zip lining are great and the people really go out of their way to make it a fun trip. Go and have a look for yourself you will love it.

Room Tip: it you stay in the buck house I love the book rooms it just gives you a little more room when you ha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
RanchBOss_10, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

newzealandmegs,
Hey, thanks for the years of support from the familys and entertainment from the Mom's Gone Wild. We really enjoying seeing you guys/gals return year after year.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I have been going to Rawhide Ranch since 2008. We normally rent the ranch house, it is amazing and holds the family and the inlaws. This trip was a father and sons getaway. We stayed 2nights in the teepee and loved it. My sons 7&14 had a blast! We spent time with the horses and did a night hop on the zip lines. Derek and his staff are the best. Not to mention you are 5mins from town perfect secluded spot. And the best there is NO TV or Internet.

• Stayed: March 2013
RanchBOss_10, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Lbuteau,
You know the ranch family appreciates your return visits every year and we are looking forward to your next. We appreciate all our ranch customers but especially those who have returned year after year. We have a great job here, we get to become part of a larger family. We get to see kids return every year and enjoy watching them grow. Tell the boys the ranch said howdy and to stay good....or I won't let them ride when they come next year..

Thanks,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is probably the most affordable getaway I've found that includes trail riding. The staff is friendly, yet professional, and safety-conscious with the activities they provide. We took a peek at the lodging, and it seems very nice for the price. It's a small, quiet place; so it seems like it would make for a very relaxing getaway. We definitely plan to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Susan,
Thank you for the nice comments about the ranch. We strive to be an affordable place and keep our costs at a level where an average Joe could afford to come. It is a tough battle with the constant increase of expenses but we have been able to keep the prices down. That is never more apparent than the Banded Rooster, our new dining hall. We struggled at a price point and finally settled on the bare minimum of fees. We want to be able to afford our newest addition but still make it affordable enough for an average family to stay, eat and have some memory creating adventures. I hope you guys do return and stay a night or two with us.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wonderful place to stay. It was so peaceful and quiet, rooms are quite cozy and enjoyed sitting up late by the fireplace. It was a girls getaway weekend, really enjoyed the little town of Nashville and it was such a treat to stay at the ranch. We all had a great time. Its a great family vacation spot.

Room Tip: My daughter stayed last weekend in Doc Holiday room, it was a big room with double doors to open out...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

thegirls5,
It as always surprising to see the amount girls retreats we have at the ranch. We seem to be growing in popularity as the girls escape. We all know you need another, so don't stay a stranger.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights, I did not have time to do any activities on this trip but will definitely be coming back again!! The Ranch was so nice and peaceful. Exactly what I needed for my Spring Break getaway!!! Everyone I met at the Ranch was so friendly and made me feel like I was family and not just a guest!!! Very nice place to stay whether you are by yourself or with your family!!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Cfollowell,
It is a shame that you were unable to utilize the ranch for activities and that you were here before the Banded Rooster was open for breakfast. I do hope you return and it is before the next spring break.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great weekend or overnight trip. There is so much outdoor fun. Activities are abound. People are so nice. No tv or phones. People have to go outside and play games in the evening around the fire. It was a refreshing time away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RanchBOss_10, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Ribow,
It is not shocking the amount of people that love the lack of telephones and televisions. The point of the ranch is to disconnect to reconnect and it would seem you succeeded. The different season bring different experiences on the ranch. I hope you guys return when it is warmer but keep in mind, with the warmth comes a lot more guests. There is nothing like the ranch on a busy night with the campfire being the melting pot of different people.

Don't stay a stranger!