“A small Slice of Heaven”
Review of Rawhide Ranch

Rawhide Ranch
Indianapolis
“A small Slice of Heaven”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

my hubby and I and two friends had the ultimate getaway trip.
we stayed in the Ranch house.
This cabin is Huge, and comes with full kitchen, roaring fire, and great views.
The people couldn't have been nicer to us.
We loved the horse ride through the trees and ravines.
We stayed two nights and had a nice fire and Wiener roast out by the fire pit. yummo!
Next day we went zip lining in the morning frost and had a blast!
our guides made the experience fun and exciting to say the least.
Rawhide Ranch was a winner for us.
Hope you get a chance to visit this ranch.
Very professional, and at the same time, they made you feel you we're apart of the
Ranch family too.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ranch house, but would gladly stay at the Buck Inn too. Nice and clean place. havin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
RanchBOss_10, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Heather,
"Very professional, and at the same time, they made you feel you we're a part of the Ranch family too". That line is exactly what we strive for on the ranch. We feel that every customer who steps on the ranch is a new family member and helps the ranch grow. We hope you return soon to see the newest addition to the ranch offerings, which will make the family even closer.

Ranch Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A family of four (2 teens), we had a great time at Rawhide Ranch even without being connected to technology! The room rates were reasonable and the Bunkhouse was a great experience. Enjoyed time in the lounge around the fireplace playing cards & getting to know new friends. We found the staff to be accommodating and friendly! With easy access to downtown Nashville, and Brown County State Park, we were never bored. We'll be back!

Room Tip: If you have kids like we do, a room with bunk beds is the right choice!
1 Thank Spgarner
RanchBOss_10, Manager at Rawhide Ranch, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Spgarner,
Thanks for choosing the ranch for an escape. I love not providing the connected-fun. Kids need to unplug and remember what an imagination is for. I enjoy running into that teen with a cell phone tracking down bars walking all over the ranch. "We'll be back" and I hope that you will.

Thanks,
Ranch Manager
Rawhide Ranch
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent this past weekend at Rawhide Ranch and it was a wonderful experience. They were booked solid... rooms, tipis, cabin, trail rides and zip lines and it still did not feel at all crowded. We checked in on a Saturday morning and were greeted by the lady (I can't spell her name) at the office. She could not have been anymore friendly or helpful. Thank you so much. We could tell the weekend would be great. We did the zip line tour before getting settled in to our tipi. Our instructors were fantastic. They keep the group working together and provide an upbeat friendly experience. We then got our tipi that we would be sleeping in set up for the night. There was a mix up and the tipi that we had reserved was occupied so we used the other. This was not a big deal. They are both the same size and we are not fussy people. We spent the rest of the day just hanging around the ranch. It is truly a mesmerizing place. They have a beautiful peace of land that is well kept. It is a laid back, relaxed atmosphere. I read on a complaint something about horse poo and lots of cats. What do you expect when coming to a horse ranch. Of course there will be horse poo. The ranch was well kept. Our night in the tipi was pretty chilly but we knew it would be. If it's in the 30's outside it will be cold, lol. We got up a few times during the night to get the fire going (located in the tipi). The next day we went trail riding. I was scared out of my mind to do the trail riding because of a previous bad experience at another facility. I got on the horse and quickly decided that I needed to get off. Derrick (one of the owners) the trail leader coaxed me to do it. He made me feel safe and I am so glad that I did. The ride was beautiful and after I loosened up I enjoyed it more than zip lining (wasn't at all scared of that). Hopefully next time we come I can ride on the same horse :) They sell a few things in the office and we purchased a t-shirt and cowgirl hat, which I love. We could not be more pleased with our choice to spend the weekend at Rawhide Ranch. If you want to get the real experience of being on a horse farm, enjoying nature, the animals and down to earth, helpful, friendly people than this is the place for you. I hope to be able to afford (not that it was expensive) to go back again soon and bring my children. Hopefully next time we can stay in the doc holiday room. Thank you Rawhide Ranch for a weekend that we will never forget. Your hospitality is unbeatable.

Room Tip: If it's cold out, you may want to sleep in one of the rooms vs the tipi unless you enjoy roughin...
1 Thank 449Trish449
449Trish449,
Wow, thank you for the glowing comments and compliments. I specifically remember you because of the horse deal. You were not wanting to go and I thought you were going to jump off that horse. I knew that we operate a safe operation and I believe I put you on Chuck, if memory serves. I knew that good old Chuck would take care of you. The tipis are such a unique experience. I often stay in one a few times through the winter and you are correct, you have to keep a fire going. Once again, Thank you for staying with us at the ranch and I hope you return soon to see this years improvements to the ranch.

Thanks
Rawhide Ranch USA
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Rawhide Ranch while on my first visit to Brown County State Park. The facilities were clean, the staff was friendly, the atmosphere was serene and family friendly, and there were several fun activities to do there. I stayed in the Brouse House, which is a single room cabin. It had a large king-sized bed, kitchen table, and useable kitchenette. There are not a lot of restaurants in the area, so I highly recommend taking your own food and utilizing the stove-top, microwave and refrigerator available to you if you stay in the Brouse House.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank J M
Macon, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have gone to the Ranch for our Cousin trip for the last two years. The Ranch house will accomadate a large group and the Brouse house is nice and cozy. We have also stayed at the buck in which is very nice too. There are no televisions or radios, so it is a great time for everyone to spend time together. The horses are beautiful and what a great ride to go on through their trails. They have zip lining that is alot of fun too. The staff at Rawhide Ranch is great and very welcoming. Dereck is mainly who we dealt with and we enjoyed his company and helping to get our fire started in the big firepit. What a great time sitting around the fire. You have to love animals at the ranch, there are dogs, cats and chickens roaming around and they love to visit with you. Iwould recommend the Rawhide Ranch for a good family get together when you need to spend quality time together. It is not far from downtown Nashville, so good shopping and good eating are not far. Food is not provided at the Ranch, but there are kitchens that you can use. The Rawhide Ranch is an awesome getaway. My family is from Kentucky and we are from Georgia and it is worth the travel.

1 Thank Lana B
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I rode the trails with our guide Gill, who was such a nice man! Gill had just made a new trail earlier that day and we were privy to be the first to ride it! :) It was such a neat time and the trees and leaves were beautiful. We didn't stay at the ranch but we think we will in the future if it's not just the 2 of us. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Didn't spend the night but did ride the trail.

The horses are very gentle and Drew is a very entertaining guide, providing information about the horses, the area (Brown County), and his life. Had a great time riding through the woods and would like to return when the trees have fully turned.

Drew is a real cowboy and his knowledge and kindness toward the horses entices me to want to ride more. (Yes, this was basically the first time I've ridden solo.

Room Tip: Didn't stay over night but would like to.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple