Salt Creek Golf Retreat / Overlook Lodge
Residence Inn
$134
Travelocity
Cornerstone Inn(Nashville)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnice condobeautiful golf coursecouple milesstate parkliving roombrown countydowntown nashvilletwo nightsplace to stayunitdryerbalconyweekendtowelsfall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2006

My wife and I stayed here the last week before Memorial Day 2006. The place was very clean, well furnished, and had a full assortment of all the dishes and utensils you would ever need to stay for a day or a month. We used the in the room washer and dryer so we didn't have to wash a bunch of dirty clothes when we got home. Our room overlooked the golf course, which was beautiful. We tried to use the cart paths for our morning walk and was told we couldn't after 7:30 AM. We were told they have a very good restaurant, but didn't eat there. After touring the town of Nashville, we decided that we had made the right choice I staying at the Salt Creek Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank Watchmaker
A TripAdvisor Member
Kinston, NC
Reviewed May 26, 2006

Nothing fancy, but very clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly. Nice, rustic setting.
Not a place to be pampered, but a place to get a good night's sleep.
Price was very reasonable. Would stay again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2006

I'm a repeat repeat (and on and on) guest of Salt Creek and I just can't say enough. The staff is so friendly, it's nice to be remembered. My husband and I will take little trips to Nashville on a whim occasionally and we always stay at the course- whether we golf or not. The view from the bar is wonderful. There's nothing better or more relaxing for us to sit with a cocktail and watch the golfers hit their last shots on 18. (you MUST try the prime rib!)
We used to stay at hotels closer to town which will remain nameless... but we finally found our 'spot'. The condos are wonderful- we've even thought about buying one for the future for when the grandkids are old enough to enjoy it. Anyway, don't think twice about making a reservation. We're just so happy to see an upscale place in Brown County!

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank Wanderer76
A TripAdvisor Member
Terre Haute, IN
Reviewed February 20, 2006

Every year in the winter, my company has an overnight retreat including meetings- we've been doing this for the past 8 years. We were absolutely delighted and charmed by Brown County. These condos were so nice and so homey, that we didn't want to leave! I've already made a reservation for this summer so my husband and I can relax and play golf. This place is such a find, I just can't say enough. I don't know why anyone would want to stay in a hotel when you can have your own home, basically, right on the golf course.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2005

I booked this place during their peak tourist season, when everything else was booked up. I can't believe they had vacancies -- this must be the best kept secret in Indiana. First of all, I have to note that they have A Lot of rules and regulations. You get a big "do not do this" list to sign when you check in. And there are more rules posted on the fridge! So that might turn some people away. But, if you don't consider it a chore to avoid damaging or stealing things that aren't yours, then you won't have a problem staying here. I was so shocked to find our room wasn't a room, but a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo, with a living room, fullly equipped kitchen and nice private patio. I can't believe how clean and nicely decorated the place was! The Overlook Lodge Restaurant had very, very good food, good service & a nice atmosphere & view of the golf course. 2 couples got married on the site while we were there & it would be a great place to have a wedding, I think. The golf course looked nice (we didn't play), and the surrounding area is absolutely gorgeous. Nashville was a lot of fun to visit & we will be returning. It is a perfect weekend getaway place, but I don't think we'd spend a long vacation there. Maybe if you were really into camping or golfing. The nearby park is fabulous, unspoiled views and very nicely maintained. The lodge there looked nice, too. There are lots and lots of good places to eat, especially downtown. This place warrants a look if you're planning to visit Nashville but want to stay in a place that's off the beaten path, where you can sit on your patio or balcony and listen to the crickets chirping and the birds singing while you unwind from a long day of shopping and overeating!

• Stayed: October 2005