“So much fun!”

Salt Creek Golf Retreat / Overlook Lodge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 17, 2006

I'm a repeat repeat (and on and on) guest of Salt Creek and I just can't say enough. The staff is so friendly, it's nice to be remembered. My husband and I will take little trips to Nashville on a whim occasionally and we always stay at the course- whether we golf or not. The view from the bar is wonderful. There's nothing better or more relaxing for us to sit with a cocktail and watch the golfers hit their last shots on 18. (you MUST try the prime rib!)
We used to stay at hotels closer to town which will remain nameless... but we finally found our 'spot'. The condos are wonderful- we've even thought about buying one for the future for when the grandkids are old enough to enjoy it. Anyway, don't think twice about making a reservation. We're just so happy to see an upscale place in Brown County!

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank Wanderer76

Terre Haute, IN
Reviewed February 20, 2006

Every year in the winter, my company has an overnight retreat including meetings- we've been doing this for the past 8 years. We were absolutely delighted and charmed by Brown County. These condos were so nice and so homey, that we didn't want to leave! I've already made a reservation for this summer so my husband and I can relax and play golf. This place is such a find, I just can't say enough. I don't know why anyone would want to stay in a hotel when you can have your own home, basically, right on the golf course.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2005

I booked this place during their peak tourist season, when everything else was booked up. I can't believe they had vacancies -- this must be the best kept secret in Indiana. First of all, I have to note that they have A Lot of rules and regulations. You get a big "do not do this" list to sign when you check in. And there are more rules posted on the fridge! So that might turn some people away. But, if you don't consider it a chore to avoid damaging or stealing things that aren't yours, then you won't have a problem staying here. I was so shocked to find our room wasn't a room, but a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo, with a living room, fullly equipped kitchen and nice private patio. I can't believe how clean and nicely decorated the place was! The Overlook Lodge Restaurant had very, very good food, good service & a nice atmosphere & view of the golf course. 2 couples got married on the site while we were there & it would be a great place to have a wedding, I think. The golf course looked nice (we didn't play), and the surrounding area is absolutely gorgeous. Nashville was a lot of fun to visit & we will be returning. It is a perfect weekend getaway place, but I don't think we'd spend a long vacation there. Maybe if you were really into camping or golfing. The nearby park is fabulous, unspoiled views and very nicely maintained. The lodge there looked nice, too. There are lots and lots of good places to eat, especially downtown. This place warrants a look if you're planning to visit Nashville but want to stay in a place that's off the beaten path, where you can sit on your patio or balcony and listen to the crickets chirping and the birds singing while you unwind from a long day of shopping and overeating!

• Stayed: October 2005
11  Thank midwestmomdotcom
BLOOMINGTON
Reviewed October 20, 2005

My husband and I have visited Salt Creek many times during the last two years. We absolutely love the condominiums. The Overlook restaurant has the finest food and service that we have encountered. The staff throughout the entire facility is always there for you to ensure you have a wonderful stay. We highly recommend your next visit to Brown County be at Salt Creek Golf Retreat.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed May 23, 2005

Extremely accommodating in every aspect- we had a great trip. (8 couples) This was our first golfing trip to Nashville, and we will definitely be back, maybe even again this year. I reccommend one of the golf packages, we did the unlimited. The restaurant and bar were also exceptional (they probably ran out of steaks and vodka while we were there...) The golf course was in great shape, very scenic. We loved being able to grill at the condo one night, you can request a unit with a grill. By far, it was one of the most enjoyable trips we've had.

• Stayed: May 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis
Reviewed December 13, 2004

My husband, kids and I visited Salt Creek Golf Retreat in Brown County this summer. The kids loved the pool, my husband loved the golf, and I loved the shopping in town. We all had something to do that we enjoyed- which made it a great vacation. They have condos there, so we didn't have to cram everyone in a little hotel room, which was nice. I really recommend this place to anyone who wants a little vacation spot!!

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member