“Nice condos but golf course is in bad shape”

Salt Creek Golf Retreat / Overlook Lodge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Condos are well equipped. Close to town.
Golf course is in bad shpae. Fairwars are bare. Greens tore up. Could play a dozen courses for half the price,

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 18, 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed here for our yearly getaway and loved everything about it. The condo (Room 104?) was clean and very comfortable. The views are amazing and the location is a short 5 minute drive to downtown Nashville. I will be bringing my family back here this fall.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Malm5
Reviewed February 14, 2011

This was our first and last time staying here. I can't say that all of the condos are the same, but 208 was sparsely furnished and cheaply constructed with paper thin walls and a bed as hard as the frozen ground. Kitchen was infested with bugs, both alive and dead. Coffee pot had not been cleaned in so long that the filter basket had mold growing in it. If there are other units that are better I would recommend the location because it is convenient and there is a restaurant and bar on the property.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shttrbug
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I would give this 3 1/2 stars (if it would let you do 1/2's)

We enjoyed our stay here. The condos were a short drive to the quaint "downtown" area of Nashville, to the state park which has nice hiking , and to Bean Blossom music park.

The condo was nice and clean and check in went smoothly. Decor was nothing special, but it was clean. The bed was really firm (okay with me - that is how I like it) but we could have used more pillows. We rented as a one bedroom - the door to the second bedroom was just locked.
They had a VCR but no DVD player.

I really liked the nice porch off of the back, it was private and had a great view of the golf course. We did not golf, so I can't comment on that.

We ate at the sports bar which had typical (unhealthy) bar food that was pretty good and reasonable priced.

The first night we were there a terrible storm blew through - half the golf course was flooded the next morning, including the road to get up to the condos.

We did use the pool - it was wicked hot that weekend!

If I were ever in this area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

It would be nice to see how to book it again on the web site? I guess I will have to look someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beautysblush
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My family of two adults and one toddler stayed at room 106 for three days and two nights and had a nice, relazing time. The condo had two spacious bedrooms and bathrooms, and a large common open common space. Our accommodations were very clean and comfortable. The beds were especially comfy! It was so nice to have a place where we could cook and get settled. A pretty nice IGA store was within a half mile of the place, so we picked up a bunch of things to make quick meals with. We especially enjoyed the location. We had a nice view of the golf course from our back porch, and our son LOVED playing with the jack russell terrier, Paige, every morning while the dog was doing its morning run with the course super-intendent.

Overall, we would recommend this place to anyone visiting Brown County. By far, the best accommodations in the area -- especially, since it's right on the golf course, next to the state park, and within a mile from downtown Nashville :)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank agerkins
Reviewed September 17, 2007

This condo was one of the nicest, most spacious we have ever stayed in. It was super clean and had everything you needed. We paid $165 per night during a weekend stay. The only complaint I could mention is that the bed was extremely hard and the sheets were scratchy and uncomfortable; however I would definately stay here again. We ate at The Ordinary and Harvest Moon Pizza and both were good.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple