“not what it used to be”

Nashville House Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 46 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

tho the fried biscuits were good the server did not bring the applebutter or coleslaw both came with the meal, the veggies were cold along with the mashed potatoes ..which by the way were nasty

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I love this restaurant because I have been going since I was a child and I now love to take my children. I do agree with some of the other reviewers that it is expensive for the quality of the food, but I am prepared for that. I love this place; the fried chicken, the biscuits and apple butter and the cole slaw. My husband, who didn't grow up going here, doesn't like it, but puts up with me wanted to visit every few years. My four year old told me the biscuits and apple butter were better than chocolate...a fourth generation convert to The Nashville House! Not much has changed over the years.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

too overly priced for cheap can green beans and cheap quality food. fried biscuits with apple butter are good!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I each ordered a 2-piece white meat chicken dinner. I drank water and he ordered a Pepsi. We expected to pay $14 each (per menu) but where did the extra $16+ come from? (We were miles away before we realized this discrepency.) Coleslaw was mushy and 'weird' tasting and we could not eat it. Mashed potatoes tasted instant. Chicken tasted re-cooked. The corn was good. No wonder there were only 3 other tables with people, at about 12:30 p.m. on a Saturday, in this very large diningroom. NEVER again!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

It was about 17 years ago and they had this breakfast buffet that was mind-blowing!