“Hester House Review”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hester House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hester House
Ranked #20 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Florence, Kentucky
“Hester House Review”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Pro: Located just blocks from everything.
Big spacious room with Jacuzzi (Judges Suite)
About $25 per night cheaper then other B&B's

Cons:

Dishonest. They say they are a B&B but really are an INN with a tacky & crummy continental breakfast which consisted of store bought muffins, and fruit. Also offered coffee but not near enough creamers. Part of being at a B&B is the EXPECTATION of a delicious breakfast and perhaps good conversation with other guests. This was a major dissapointment. I felt as if I had been lied and cheated too.

Dirty. Toilet had mold in it. Clearly they do not take pride in their work. Cobwebs and bugs in various places. Some towels smelled musty. No Kleenex boxes and almost ran out of toilet paper. My wife got cold at night b/c they had insufficient blankets for bed.

No sign. Had I not seen a photo of the house before leaving home, I would have been uneasy finding the place.

Had they advertised as an INN with a continental breakfast I would have rated as a 3 or 4, but b/c they we're deceptive in their advertising, I rate it as 2. My wife says 1. They have religious books in the room but obviously they are not reading them.

Since their rates were cheaper then other B&Bs, we made up the difference with a very nice breakfest at "The Muddy Boots" restaurant two blocks away. So, if you don't mind a less then perfectly clean place to stay (which is not all the uncommon) and you want a place which is right in the heart of Nashville, and you don't mind NOT having a traditional B&B breakfest, then this place might be all right. You just have to have accurate expectations. As I said the room was big and we really enjoyed the hot tub, and we had breakfest at a great little restaurant so all in all the weekend was good, especially since we were right next to everything! But, I don't like dishonesty in a business which is why it have a bad taste in my mouth over their deceptive advertising. As I said earlier they would do themselves, and all involved to call this an INN instead of a B&B.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JIM S

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kokomo, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

After calling several places with no vacancies, I received the name & number of this place. Mrs. Alexander, one if the owners of Hester House put me on a cancellation list when I called because this place was booked up as well. When she called me back 2 days later, she informed me sternly that I would be charged for a minimum 2 nights stay, even though I only wanted it for 1 night. She was rather surly with me. I wasn't able to find any reviews on Hester House at that time, so out of desperation, I agreed to take the room. I gave the owner payment over the phone and she told me the key would be hanging on the back door when we arrived. We arrived late at night and because of poor lighting, we had trouble finding the place. We asked some local people if they knew whether or not we were close to it and they had never heard of it. We also asked a lady at the realty office (which is right next door) if she knew if we were at the right place and she told us she also had never heard of it. There isn't a sign in front of it & there isn't a front desk or anyone on site maintaining the Hester House. The majority of outdoor lights didn't work. Once we found the place and checked out our room with a jacuzzi, we were highly disappointed! The room smelled musty and of mildew. The jacuzzi was noisy & continued to cycle after we turned it off. There is mold around the windows, tub & shower. The toilet bowl was filthy on the outside. The carpets, walls & ceiling are stained. There are dead bugs in the light fixture and cobwebs in the corners. The next day while I was out shopping, I received a phone call from Mrs. Alexander accusing me of giving her a bad card number and informing me that I was lucky that no one else had called them for a room because she would have gave it to them. As it turned out, she wrote one number down wrong and she could have called me as she had my phone number. When I arrived back from shopping, I found a note from her husband in our room informing me of the card issue as well. I didn't appreciate the fact that someone was in our room while we were not there. As far as the "breakfast" served here, it's muffins sitting in a very small area at the bottom of the stairs. I wish we hadn't agreed to stay at Hester House and I would never recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stephanie A

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels