“Terrible Food !!”

Harvest Dining Room at Brown County Inn
Ranked #17 of 45 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Grill
Reviewed June 22, 2014

2ND Yr. in a row my husband and I have had terrible food. Not sure how you mess up a burger & chix sandwich. Considering another hotel after 7 yrs. with BC Inn.

1  Thank Valerie0604

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My family has been dining at this restaurant for almost 20 years, but we've not been back for a couple of years. I discovered that the kitchen is under new management. I am not exactly sure when this happened, but the change is dramatic. It is very obvious that the food was mostly frozen and heated on demand. I even recognized some of the food, like the dinner rolls from Sams Club! Salmon is the only non-meat choice on the menu. This is also a significant change from the previous kitchen management. I always enjoyed the salad bar here, but once again I was very disappointed by the packaged lettuce and dressings (no doubt from Sams), and far fewer salad choices. We will not be dining here again.

1  Thank Richard J K
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My best friend and I have often eaten her, when they have their holiday buffets. We love the atmosphere, an the food has always been good....until today! We had many choices in Brown county for mother's day buffets, but we chose the Brown county inn. This was a BIG mistake. The food was horrible! The prime rib wasn't too bad, but was all too well done. The twice baked potatoes were more like thrice baked, as they were dry and not hot. They only had one vegetable....some kind of cauliflower and broccoli and pepper medley that had little flavor and was also not hot. Then, there was some kind of dried up noodle dish, which I suppose was supposed to be chicken alfredo, but very few had even tried it...I tried to stir it up, and it was still a dried up mess. I didn't try the salmon or the quiche....there was only one slice taken out of the quiche, so obviously others didn't try it, either. The peel and eat shrimp was ok, but that is hard to mess up....just too messy for me. The salad bar was nothing but tossed salad with fixings. Dessert was ok, but the sugar cream pie was obviously a Wick's frozen pie and the bowls for the strawberry short cake were so small, you couldn't ever put the strawberries and whipped cream on without it spilling over. The kids food all looked it was left over from breakfast and not good in the first place. The fried biscuits and apple butter were good, but again...hard to mess up. Sorry....but we won't be back...too many other good places for less money. And, oh yes......bill plus tax and tip for one person....$30.00....HUGE rip-off!

1  Thank Westiesofsweetwater
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

we ate breakfast and dinner there and it was yummy. the dinner portions were great. breakfast was hearty. waitress was patient with our large group and very nice

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We loved the food AND the crew they had working the dining room! Everyone was friendly and fun to talk to!