“Amazing! Definitely going back and would recommend to anyone!”

Schooner Valley Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Schooner Valley Stables! Hop on the back of one of our horses and take a memorable ride through the hills and valleys of Yellowwood State Forest. Whether you are a greenhorn or an experienced rider, we have a horse that will suit your needs. We offer walk, trot, and cantering rides which you won't find at many stables. Bring the whole family! We have no age limit.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I'm a beginner rider and this place is just amazing! I went on the hour trot/cantor (walk fast/run) and I had a blast! The trail is beautiful and the guide was amazing! She was funny, personable and answered all my questions. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This was a beautiful trail however I was a little concerned for the kids (6-ish) riding by themselves. The trail is very steep in some places and there was a lot of mud. It seemed like there was not a lot of discussion about what to do when the horses trot.

2  Thank Metterenscene
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Schooner Valley Stables is a great place to ride. Whether you are a novice rider for the first time or a returning visitor with lots of experience, Schooner Stables offer riding trails suited for each individuals skill set. They also give a helpful demonstration on proper riding technique before each trail ride. They are focussed on making your ride enjoyable, fun and safe...even educational. The staff are welcoming, experienced, informative and funny. I respect and appreciate the time and attention that's given to the well being of each and every horse there at the barn. It shows the moment you walk up to the gate! They offer riding year round, weather permitting of course, so one can fully appreciate every season in beautiful Yellowwood State Forest.
"I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a person than the outside of a horse." Ronald Regan. Yep, so true. I got it there at Schooner Valley Stables.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

All the staff here is very helpful. The ride is a very nice ride. It was my wife and son's first time riding and the staff was very helpful to make sure the felt comfortable on the horses. The horses have very good temperment and did not act up at all.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've been riding plenty of places in my life and Schooner Valley Stables continues to be the best! Informative trail guides, that treat you with respect and give you a little more freedom on a horse to give you the full experience. Cheap enough to go riding every week, exhilarating enough to want to! I am from Pittsburgh, PA I have rode in PA, OH, FL i wish i lived closer!