“great ride!”

Schooner Valley Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Schooner Valley Stables! Hop on the back of one of our horses and take a memorable ride through the hills and valleys of Yellowwood State Forest. Whether you are a greenhorn or an experienced rider, we have a horse that will suit your needs. We offer walk, trot, and cantering rides which you won't find at many stables. Bring the whole family! We have no age limit.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Indianapolis, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“great ride!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

All the staff here is very helpful. The ride is a very nice ride. It was my wife and son's first time riding and the staff was very helpful to make sure the felt comfortable on the horses. The horses have very good temperment and did not act up at all.

Visited July 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“WORTH THE DRIVE!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've been riding plenty of places in my life and Schooner Valley Stables continues to be the best! Informative trail guides, that treat you with respect and give you a little more freedom on a horse to give you the full experience. Cheap enough to go riding every week, exhilarating enough to want to! I am from Pittsburgh, PA I have rode in PA, OH, FL i wish i lived closer!

Visited November 2012
Fishers, IN
“Best place to ride a horse in Indiana especially for kids.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been taking groups of around 20 to 30 people there for 4 years now. They do a great job of accommodating all the riders and there different abilities and ridding skills. We love going here and they even have horses the younger kids can ride. Great place, great ride, awesome people.

Visited May 2013
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The "ONLY" place for trail riding in Indiana!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this stable, we try to go for a ride at least once a year even though it's an hour and half drive away. We discovered Schooner Valley by chance, this was the only place in the area who would let my six year (at the time) sit her own horse for a trail ride, so we made the drive and had not only a wonderful ride, but my daughter got to stay and feed treats to the horses (for a small fee) and once the staff realized how horse mad she was, even let her help brush down the horse she rode. She is nine now and has even done a half-walk/half-canter ride. I also have to comment on the wonderful condition of the horses, they are obvious well taken care, we have been to several different stables were you can tell the horses are being over-ridden and had obvious signs of injury and this has never been the case on our visits here. Definitely worth a visit, if your in the area or not!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank MommaBear926
Fort Hood, Texas
“I go everytime I'm in town!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love this place! It's great for people with or without horse experience! Well worth the $25!! We always make it part of our girl's day when I'm in town visiting! My husband has been begging me to bring him next time!

Visited August 2012