“The "ONLY" place for trail riding in Indiana!”

Schooner Valley Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Schooner Valley Stables! Hop on the back of one of our horses and take a memorable ride through the hills and valleys of Yellowwood State Forest. Whether you are a greenhorn or an experienced rider, we have a horse that will suit your needs. We offer walk, trot, and cantering rides which you won't find at many stables. Bring the whole family! We have no age limit.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this stable, we try to go for a ride at least once a year even though it's an hour and half drive away. We discovered Schooner Valley by chance, this was the only place in the area who would let my six year (at the time) sit her own horse for a trail ride, so we made the drive and had not only a wonderful ride, but my daughter got to stay and feed treats to the horses (for a small fee) and once the staff realized how horse mad she was, even let her help brush down the horse she rode. She is nine now and has even done a half-walk/half-canter ride. I also have to comment on the wonderful condition of the horses, they are obvious well taken care, we have been to several different stables were you can tell the horses are being over-ridden and had obvious signs of injury and this has never been the case on our visits here. Definitely worth a visit, if your in the area or not!

2  Thank MommaBear926

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love this place! It's great for people with or without horse experience! Well worth the $25!! We always make it part of our girl's day when I'm in town visiting! My husband has been begging me to bring him next time!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is one of the best places I have ever been to. The staff are amazingly nice and helpful. The horses give a great ride. I would recommend Schooner Valley Stables with zero hesitation. If you want a Great Day out on horseback then this is the place to go!!! Enjoy your ride.

1  Thank CzNik2