“Best bar in town!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We went for a quick bite and drinks. The wings were awesome, the beers were craft beers that I feel were carefully selected to compliment the menu, and the staff was courteous and attentive. I will definitely give it a thumbs up!

2  Thank Burty0203
There are newer reviews for Out of the Ordinary Hickory Sports Bar

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I dined at Out of the Ordinary earlier this Fall and really enjoyed the excellent food and atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We even talked to one of the owners who made us feel welcome and was very appreciative of our positive reaction to the many changes they have made (they have only owned the restaurant for a short while). We even came back later that same evening and enjoyed the top-notch musical entertainment that they apparently have scheduled there on a regular basis. We were impressed! Very cool!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I loved the food. It came to the table piping hot and very fresh. The atmosphere was very clean and updated yet quaint and integrity of wood interior was kept. We loved the "different" types of beet and wine that you couldn't find in stores. Friendly staff and management. Looking forward to music during the holiday's! We will definitely be making this one of our favorites throughout the year. TERESA

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My family visits Nashville every year and decided to have dinner at Out of the Ordinary. Their name is definitely fitting. It was probably the worst restaurant experience I've ever had. Our first negative part of the evening began when people were seated ahead of us, although our names were ahead of them. I'm fairly certain they forgot about us and just kept calling people on their waiting list. When we finally got seated, it took another twenty minutes for our waitress to order our drinks and appetizers. I ordered soup and my husband ordered salad. We never received either. We also never received my silverware or my daughter's glass of water. Our waitress took our order after about another fifteen minutes. We waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, our food showed up after about 45 minutes. My meal took another five minutes. We would have left, but we had our children with us and decided to stick it out. The waitress later told me that the cooks forgot to cook my Filet Mignon and had to quickly prepare it. I could tell. It was the worst Filet Mignon I've ever had. I ordered it medium rare and it was medium to well done in places. The edges were black and crispy in some spots. I'm pretty sure Filet Mignon isn't supposed to be chewy either. I didn't say anything until after we received the bill because I know what some people do when customers complain. We asked to speak with the manager and explained what had occurred. His only response was " You didn't receive your soup or salad?" We said no and then he just walked away. No apologies, no response. When it came time to pay our bill, I told the waitress about my disappointment. She apologized and said they were short staffed. She didn't charge us for the soup, salad, or my meal. We ended up spending about two hours in the restaurant only to receive extremely poor service and food that wasn't very good. That will definitely be our last trip to this restaurant. I'd rather stick with the ordinary.

1  Thank margoh682
Reviewed November 4, 2013

When the waitress began by saying it was her second day on the job we should have known what we would be in for. When my grilled chicken sandwich came and the chicken was a small dried out piece of meat that didn't even fill up half the bun, I didn't even bother ordering anything else because it had taken so long to get what we had. The bartender came over and apologized, and made excuses, but even though they had recently opened they won't be around long if they don't improve quickly.

3  Thank TheMaven2u