“Wonderful place !”
Review of Hotel Nashville

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nashville
Hotel Nashville
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 5, 2009

This Hotel by far exceeded my expectations! I was a little concerned at first after reading some reviews but after calling for myself I was more assured that the stay would be pleasent and problem free.
Upon check in I was greeted warmly and immediatly felt "at home". The front desk clerk took her time explaining details to me and didnt just rush me off.
Once we got to the room I was AMAZED at the size of it. We reserved a 2 bed suite after seeing what specials they had online and we were SHOCKED! Such an amazing deal for the quailty and quantity of the room. The view is wonderful too!
The beds were so comfortable and the room was very clean! We enjoyed the comfort of a heated pool AND the whirlpool! so very relaxing! Darlene's Restaurant is a fanatastic dinning experience ! The food is prepared just right and the service is equal. I enjoyed the New York Strip (cooked to perfection) while my husband had the chicken oscar .
The following morning we enjoyed the continetal breakfast in the lobby area - which is so beautifully decorated I took my time looking at all the decorations,while enjoying a sinfully delicious cinnimon roll! We were so pleased with our stay that I have already reseved to come back for their holiday package - im very much looking forward to their holiday decorations and the comfort of their rooms!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone - by far - best veiw,best price,best choice!

1  Thank hotelhoppinhopper
There are newer reviews for Hotel Nashville

Reviewed October 26, 2009

We came to Nashville Indiana from Perth, Western Australia for a wedding and stayed at the Hotel Nashville for 12 nights. Kevin and his team were absolutely fantastic, with nothing being too much trouble for them. They always had time to talk to us and answer our questions or give advice on where to go or what to do. Our room was huge, well appointed and the king bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in. All facilities were scrupulously clean and well maintained. We had two quality televisions - one each in the family room, and in the bed room. Lots of built-in wardrobes and cupboards. The free wi-fi internet service worked well from our room. We had a well-appointed kitchen with huge electric stove, microwave oven, and full size refrigerator, twin sinks, full crockery, pots and utensils, and plenty of layoff space. The great indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi were hot and refreshing in the cool autumn weather. The free continental breakfast included cereals, toast, bagels with peanut butter and two jelly choices, porridge, melon, strawberries and grapes, plus fruit juice, teas, coffee, hot chocolate, French Vanilla and English Toffee drinks. We had great views of Nashville from our balcony. Hotel Nashville is located high on a hill right on the very edge of the shopping precinct with just a short stroll to the shops. We loved our stay there (12 nights) and would highly recommend Hotel Nashville to anyone wanting a convenient, cosy and comfortable place to stay in Nashville, Indiana.

3  Thank RogAnn
Reviewed October 20, 2009

My husband and I attended a wedding in Nashville, Indiana this past weekend. We had the extremely unfortunate experience of staying at Hotel Nashville. I cannot even believe that anyone would ever rate this hotel at higher than terrible! The staff has no customer service skills and the rooms are FILTHY. Absolutely filthy. (Again, who actually thinks these rooms are clean? What do the houses look like of these people who rated these rooms as clean?)

We wrapped our pillows in our own shirts because we did not even want to put our heads on the pillows, and we didn't even want to think about having to actually sleep in the bed. The carpeting was beyond dirty and we wore our shoes at all times. I did not even want my socks to touch the floor in this room! Our shower curtain was covered in something - who knows what - I'm hoping it was only mold! And as my husband emerged from the shower - wrapped in the provided cardboard-like towel and wearing his tennis shoes nonetheless - he announced that he felt like he just showered at a rest-stop because of the oh-so-luxurious SOAP PUMPS in the shower. Soap pumps??? Seriously???

Then, upon trying to sleep, we were continually woken up by people going up and down the wooden stairs outside of our room. It was noisy and sleep was not something we were obviously going to get. It sounded like a fraternity house! My husband called the front desk and was told "Oh, they should quiet down soon and quit going up and down the steps." Okay, thanks.

I believe that check-out time was 11 a.m.; however, we got up and got out of there by 8:30 a.m. We didn't want to stay one second longer than we had to.

I can only hope that the hotel manager frequents this site. Perhaps he should take the criticism to heart and make some improvements. Talk about over-priced let-downs! This room was not worth $10 and we paid upwards of $90! I can't tell you exactly how much we paid because my receipt only shows the balance that was due upon arrival (since we prepaid half before arriving and there is no record of that first payment anywhere on the receipt).

And I'd also like to mention that an outspoken guest checking out in front of me (my husband waited in the car so he would not lose his temper during check-out) was able to get some of his money refunded for the same complaints that we had. When it was my turn to check out, I respectfully voiced my disdain and was just told "Sorry." (I think I saw another reviewer mention this "sorry" attitude.) So just be warned that some people apparently can get refunds and others cannot. I guess it's how squeaky you are as a wheel.

In summary, don't stay here unless you are delusional and have the ability to imagine a clean and sanitary room along with good customer service. And if you think you are going to get a refund for complaining, you'll just have to rely on good luck. Finally, bring your own pillow, sheets, towels, shower shoes, soap, and Lysol to spray every surface of the room.

3  Thank TripToThis
Hotel_Manager_Owner, Owner_Manager at Hotel Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2009

I have reviewed your comments of disappointment posted on Trip Advisor and shared them with my staff.

We always try to provide courteous guest service and work with each guest to see that they are satisfied.

The hotel room that you stayed in is one of our most requested hotel rooms aside from our large suites.

The carpets are vacuumed after every stay and we do have a monthly carpet cleaning rotation set up so that the carpet gets cleaned at least once per month in all rooms. The carpet in this room is gray in color. Pillows are washed frequently and replaced annually. Clean linens are used for every stay. In addition to the total-body soft soap pumps in the showers and by the sinks we also provide small amenity bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion in each room.

As for the noise-the front desk and assistant manager (who was here at the time) were made aware of the noise issue and addressed it with the guests causing the problem. I was informed the next morning by the guest below the room making the noise that the noise ended quickly after they were notified. No refunds were requested or offered because of the noise.

As for not knowing what you paid for your room- While you may not have received a complete folio print out at check-out you were presented a tabulation of room charges at check-in which you signed for showing your room charges, deposit and balance due.

We have goals and standards that each of us take serious and work hard to accomplish pertaining to a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us by our guests.

Reviewed October 14, 2009

Hotel Nashville is located near the end of Van Burren in downtown Nashville. They are within walking distance of all the major attractions. The grounds of the hotel are a little weathered and dated. The suite we stayed in was spacious. Cleanliness was average. The free continental breakfast was great. The common area near check-in was rustic and decorated with local artwork and 2 pianos. Overall, I would recommend this to any traveler on a budget who wants to wonder the streets of little Nashville.

1  Thank pumarocks
Reviewed July 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed three nights at the Hotel Nashville
The room rate was $185 per night
We had many disappointments
Big problem with the room cleanliness: coffee pot dirty, bathroom with soap scum in tub and sink, carpet in room dirty, dirty hand prints from previous guests on doors and around every touch point.
Our room was not cleaned after the first night and I called the desk and was told they do not clean room for multiple night stay overs, If I wanted I cold dispose of my own trash and pick up some clean towels at the desk.
The furniture in the room was very worn and the table hand chairs no finish left on them, totally worn through to the the bare wood.
The big surprise was went I complained, the desk did not care or listen to our concerns. I am kicking my self for not leaving immediately after check-in. One other thing, big surprise, they do not provide guest feed back cards.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vacationguy2009
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Recently stayed one night at this hotel. While furniture was dated, the room was immaculate! I never stayed anywhere that was this clean! Location is right in the middle of the town--walking distance to all shops! Continental breakfast was a bit of a disappointment, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carynnancy04
Reviewed July 31, 2008

My husband and I were at a BCCE conference in Bloomington, Indiana(only 21 miles away) and decided to spend the evening in a quaint town. I booked the room online with Hotel Nashville Resort(look very closely at the pictures of the rooms!)

The check-in was the first clue to run out the door. The woman at the desk was on the phone with another customer whom was trying to book a room. When she hung up the phone, she complained that the woman wanted to book Labor Day weekend, but didn't know the date, and she didn't know it either so the customer would have to call back when she figured it out!

2nd Clue to RUN: We went to our Hot Tub Room,(~$150) the hot-tub cover was removed, the wall of the hot-tub was removed as if the maintaince person was still working on it. I sat on the bed to call the desk, and the headboard just about cracked me in the head as it fell away from the wall toward the bed.

Now, I will give them credit, the lady at the desk did invite us back to the office for a different room, Hot Tub Suite (Which was a room with King bed, a hot-tub with balcony(all part of the first room) and a sofa with a second tv and coffee table and 2nd remote, identical to the one in the picture!) I felt like they were trying to give us something for our inconvience, and make us happy. But I felt like I would be the next topic of her conversation w/ the next customer.

3rd Clue: The Hot Tub Suite($300): was an upgrade...with the extras...
If you look closely in the picture, the brown couch has a broken back but what you can't see is what is scary. We never sat in the sitting area, the couch, the coffee table because the floor around the couch and the couch was sprinkled with EXTRAS (fingernail clippings and toenail clippings)we didn't intend on finding in a hotel room. Fingernail and toenail clippings large enough to be seen when standing several feet away. Things like this make you wonder what the cleaning crew thinks is clean? We slept in our clothes in the King bed(stiff as a sheet of plywood)..The shoes never came off our feet. Didn't even get in the hot tub. By the way, the hot tub was warm...not even close to hot! The tvs were very old, and small, and the remotes on both tvs did not work. This was a very, Very Disappointing end to our weekend trip! We debated on complaining a second time, or going home early...WHAT DO YOU DO??? THIS WASN'T MUCH OF AN UPGRADE IF YOU COULDN'T USE IT! COULD IT GET WORSE?

We are not usually complainers. The policy for canceling the reservation in this case was very unclear! We paid for half before we arrived, in which there were no refunds. And upon arrival we paid the second half of the bill. It stated on the bill you would lose 20% of this cost if canceling the stay. We sucked it up and made the best of the evening, we went to the Artist Colony for a wonderful dinner, and went for a drive in the Brown county park to watch the sunset amongst the cartoon characters. I don't ask for much, just cleanlyness and accomodations we paid for!

CLUE #4(You really don't need this one! Do you?): CHECK OUT: My husband took our key in to check out, a different lady was at the desk. When he reported the room was dirty(fingernail/toenail clippings) and unkept(broken couch, same as one in the picture and non-working remotes), her only response was "Sorry." Something is lacking here? PRIDE?

I am Sorry too! I didn't check this website first! I 'm sorry I was disappointed in our stay in Nashville. If I ever come back, I would not stay here, I would drive to the hotel (Homewood Suites by Hilton~$150.) in Bloomington was a "palace" comparied to "first one bedroom apartment" for the same price. So, this is clearly not a case of "You get what you paid for!" This also means that other businesses in Nashville will also suffer...because Where they Stay is where they will EAT! & Spend Money on Entertainment!
I'M SORRY!

I hope for the future of Nashville, the local people of Nashville get on their government to force potential businesses to clean up their acts because it hurts them too!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CincyCat