“Nice property, could've been cleaner”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oak Haven Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Flushing, Michigan
“Nice property, could've been cleaner”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in the Red Oak room for two nights. The hostess was very nice & breakfast was good. The house itself is comfortable & is in a great setting. One of the first things we were told was that the cat had kittens in the screened-in porch so there was cat hair all over. We could either bring a towel from our room to sit on or use a folding chair if we wanted to sit out there. Not a good first impression. I will admit I'm a little bit of a neat freak, but even my husband noticed all the dust on the lamp, ice bucket, etc. and the dust bunnies on the floor of our room. There were dead bugs in the lamp cover on the ceiling. However, the bathroom was clean. The faucets in the tub were not working properly & instead of fixing them, there is a sign on how to use them. We had to have the owners turn them off each morning because we couldn't get them to stop running. Again the owner was very nice, but it's the little things that make a Bed & Breakfast worth the extra price to stay in & I think this one could use some fine tuning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
sharon3k, Owner at Oak Haven Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you for alerting me to the dust and bugs in the lamp issues. I will certainly be more vigilant about this. It seems like there is no end to dust bunnies in areas with wood floors such as the Red Oak Room.

I am sorry the faucets were a problem. Old fashioned claw foot tub fixtures have the individual hot, cold and turn on valves which do make turning the water on and off more complicated, thus I have posted a sign to operate the fixtures. After these guests departed, I did discover a valve nut was loose that caused the faucet to continue running and was able to correct the problem.

After my daughter got the kittens from friends, they did spend their first month with us on the porch as we did not want them to wander into the woods. I certainly wouldn't want anyone with cat allergies or guests that prefer not to have cat hair on their clothing visit the porch and not know this. At this time the porch is cat free unless guests invite them in.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Southern Indiana
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights in the Blue & White room and have noting but great things to say about Oak Haven B&B. We felt welcomed and comfortable the whole time. The Innkeeper asked about my food allergies, I have several, and was very accomendating. I am allergic to cats and all animals to a degree too, but had no problems here thanks to the Innkeeper's flawless cleaning. Moreover, this was a very home-like B&B and very comfortable. Breakfast was great with a variety of selections. I will highly recomend this fine institution to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Runnoft333
indy
Reviewed June 26, 2012

we had a wonderful 2 night stay at Oak Haven in the Master suite. The suit is large, with a jacuzzi, dressing area, closet, windows and king bed, all nicely decorated. the breakfasts were healthy and more than ample. the inn is relatively new, well built and well appointed. we are not sure about earlier negative comments because the dog never barked while we were there, including our arrival, the inn was clean, the country location was beautiful, Sharon modified the breakfast for our allergies, and she made minor modifications for our schedule and breakfast time.The inn is in the country a few miles from town, and she does try to keep a schedule, so perhaps some expectations may need to be adjusted! we would stay here again.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very nice; Grandma's room is small and priced accordingly.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pete b
Bethel, Ohio
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We just spent two very relaxing nights at Oak Haven B&B, and completely enjoyed ourselves. The Red Oak room was comfortable, spacious and clean. Sharon was a wonderful hostess and supplied us with a wonderful breakfast each morning. We were even able to play with Cinder, the B&B dog, and she was a delight. Of course, we are both dog lovers and we missed our dogs, so Cinder filled in!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lee T
sharon3k, Owner at Oak Haven Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you Lee. I am looking forward to when you are able to come to Brown County with your bike. Cinder is always thrilled when someone comes to stay with us. I couldn't have asked for a better B&B dog.
Indiana
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We spent one night at Oak Haven Bed and Breakfast in Nashville, IN and would definitely return. We felt very welcome here and enjoyed our visit. The house was very clean and well decorated and the grounds are beautiful. The Innkeeper made you feel right at home. Breakfast was a delight.

Room Tip: Mastersuite with the jacuzi tub was a special room to stay in. Loved the view from the windows!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bkbkg
Hamilton, Oh
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I went for a long weekend and couldn't have been happier with our accommodations! We want clean and comfortable and we got both! The Owner of the home made you feel VERY welcome and was a gracious hostess in her beautiful home. We came and went as we pleased and felt more a part of the family than a guest. I cannot think of one thing I'd change about Oak Haven. And as a bonus, we thoroughly enjoyed meeting the other two couples staying there also. Our plans are to visit again next year!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diana S
sharon3k, Owner at Oak Haven Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you Diana! It was a pleasure to have you. You are a gracious guest and I appreciate the complimentary review.
Findlay, OH
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. We had tasty, varied, and very ample breakfasts each morning. Rooms and living areas were spotless and very tastefully decorated. The screened in porch facing the woods in back is very relaxing.

We were not familiar with the area, and Sharon was very helpful. When we inquired about some good routes for sightseeing, she described several areas. That evening, she took the initiative to draw out the routes on a map for us.

Her book of local restaurant menus is very helpful in finding the food and price range that each guest wants. The in-room coffee makers were a welcome convenience.

We feel like we arrived as guests, but left as friends. Great accomodations at very reasonable rates.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Buckeye4990
Communicating with my guests is the most important part of my job and makes innkeeping a pleasure. I am so glad to know you were pleased with your stay even before you checked out, and even better, you are willing to let everyone else know too. I'm looking forward to having you back!