“Absolutely top notch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1875 Homestead Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1875 Homestead Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 25 Nashville B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Absolutely top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The owners are wonderful they will accommodate anything you ask. We came in Friday night to live music playing. When I called for the reservation my message was returned promptly. The rooms are nicely country decorated and spacious. The grounds are gorgeous. Towels are fluffy soft and thick. So it's plush country. Sweets are everywhere cookies, chocolates, snacks. The fridge is stocked with beverages. There is coffee lots of different teas and ghardelli hot chocolate. I am a west coaster born and bred I thought the price they charged was a little steep for this area, but after all the sweet perks, the way the owners accommodate and the place itself it is well worth every penny. The beds were oh so comfortable too. We melted into the mattress. A great place to stay. Our room is spotless. I hate carpet but love the carpet here. It is just that nice!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Miamisburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our stay at the Homestead was wonderful! Nancy and Manuel provided generous, delicious breakfasts, plentiful snacks and beverages in the kitchen at any time, and plush, fluffy towels and bedding. Chatting around the fireplace was a perfect way to wind down on a cold October night. Thank you for paying attention to the special details (like Dove chocolate!) and all the work you put into this B & B experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My first bed and breakfast experience, and my visit was beyond my expectations. Quiet and peaceful sleep in a clean, comfy room. Mine was the yellow room in the main house. Fresh coffee 1st thing in the morning, delicious breakfast. Home made cookies and snacks when you come in from your days events. Inn keepers Nancy and Manuel treat you like old friends the moment you step in the door. Wonderful place. I have already made plans for a return visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary R
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at 1875 Homestead B & B twice and absolutely love the atmosphere and hosts. Manuel and Nancy go above and beyond to ensure everyone feels at home. The breakfasts are delicious, meticulously prepared, and beautifully presented. We can't wait until our return trip!!

• Stayed October 2013
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is my third stay at the 1875 Homestead Bed and Breakfast and once again, everything was perfect. The B&B is comfortable, relaxing, and beautifully decorated. The breakfasts are always fantastic - three courses and delicious!!! The innkeepers are warm and friendly and they make you feel at home. Every detail is cared for, cookies and cold drinks available all day and more varieties of cocoa and tea than I knew existed. The bed are extremely comfortable with luxury linens and the towels are amazingly soft. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. The grounds are beautiful and the house is full of charm. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Terri S
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at numerous B & B's and this is a great one. I was looking for a place closer to Brown County State Park rather than Nashville and this site fit the bill. You can't miss it by it's bright, sunny yellow exterior! The grounds are peaceful and I wished I had a little bit more time to sit for longer periods of time to enjoy them. Others have mentioned the hummingbirds. My goodness...I've never seen so many in one spot. We sat in the porch's rocking chairs for about 10 minutes (again, wish we had done so longer) watching them.

Nancy gave us a tour upon arrival in case we wanted to switch rooms. We booked the Sycamore Room which is in the addition attached to the original house. We appreciated that drinks in the fridge, a large assortment of teas and hot chocolates, and snacks were available at any time. We also grabbed a couple of videos for our later viewing from the library. She let us know that coffee would be available at 7a.m. and the breakfast was at 9:00. That worked out for us since we were not planning on any early morning jaunts.

Our room had lots of nice touches. It was obvious that the hosts care about little details. We had Dove chocolates, wine glasses, magazines in the room, etc. It felt like we were in the guest room of someone's home who wants you feel welcomed, which is what you want in a B & B. We chose this room because it had a two-jetted spa tub. Look at the pictures for what to expect as to decor throughout. It's what you would expect for an old country home turned B & B. This room is a pastel yellow with blue country touches. The main house has floral wallpaper and antiques. The kitchen is an old-fashioned, charming country kitchen.

Now to the breakfast...wow! It's a plated hot breakfast. We started out with a bowl of sliced, sugared peaches and a beautifully arranged yogurt parfait. Next, a plate with 2 slices of thick cut bacon, 2 sausage patties, and 4 halves of stuffed cinnamon french toast. I couldn't finish it. To top it off, we had a a glass of orange juice and a glass of grape juice along with our meal. She serves this at one time. I imagine that if you need an earlier time than 9 a.m., you'd just have to ask about your options. She seems very accommodating.

The one and only thing we noticed that was a "negative" ended up not being a big deal. The bed is a King sized bed and one side felt like it sloped a bit. It felt more like the natural indentation when a person sleeps in a spot. Because the bed was a King, it truly didn't matter, we slept in the middle and the other side and never even noticed once we went to bed. I even ended up in that spot in the morning and had a great night's sleep. The bed and extra pillows were comfortable.

If I have the opportunity to spend a night back in Brown County I wouldn't hesitate about staying here again.

Room Tip: The annex rooms are a little more private since they are not in the common areas of the house.