“Great Getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1875 Homestead Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 22 Nashville B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband and I had never been to a Bed and Breakfast before, but based on the reviews on tripadvisor, we thought we would try it out, and we are so happy that we did! Manny and Nancy were incredibly hospitable. We loved the history of the house and the ambience. My husband and I spent quite sometime on the rockers watching hummingbirds, an experience you'd never get at a hotel. Comfortable bed, super clean, I could tell the house was well-loved. Breakfast was generous, and delicious. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet getaway!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 6, 2011

You will never have more hospitable hosts than Manuel and Nancy Gunn. Their warmth was sincere and they treasure the house and grounds. Nancy is an expert chef and bountiful! The grounds are so beautiful and the rooms so comfortable and roomy. They even have bonfires in the evening for the guests to sit around.
We were the only guests at the time and electricity went out due to a storm....they invited us to go to Columbus (a town that had power) to try a new resturant We went and had a good time. All in all we were sorry to leave.

Room Tip: Look at the web site and choose your room before
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

By far Nancy and Manuel are the best hosts of any establishment that we have ever encountered in all of our travels. This was our second time to stay with them and it was like meeting old friends again. Their Bed & Breakfast is beyond 5 star, the property is beautifully maintained and house so comfortable and is tastefully decorated, the rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable. The attention to detail, such as chocolates by your bed, big soft fluffy towels, nice big pillows and the beds are so lush, and they even bake special evening snacks to go along with the coffee, tea or cold drinks that they furnish. The breakfast is like your Mother or Grandmother may have cooked for you, though probably much more elaborate, they pay attention to different diet needs and try to accomodate those needs. We cannot say enough about these hosts and their B&B except you must try it, we know you will love it too.

Room Tip: Call early they book up quickly
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blue_eyes145oh
Reviewed March 26, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a get-away trip to Nashville. We have stayed at several b&b's over the last few years, but none can compare with the 1875 Homestead and Manuel and Nancy! From being greeted at the door with smiles and then getting a tour of their lovely home and being told "make yourself at home" everything about our two nights was wonderful. The house is decorated beautifully and the rooms are very welcoming! The bed and pillows make you want to sleep in late....however...don't do that cause you don't want to miss the amazing breakfast that Nancy has waiting for you! It was so nice to grab a cup of coffee and head out to the enclosed porch, sit in the rocker and watch the fire burn and listen to some wonderful music until Manuel said "let's go time to eat".

Although this was our first time at the the homestead it will definately not be our last visit. I want to experience every season in this lovely home! The 3 1/2 hr. drive from Ohio is well worth it when we know what is waiting for us in Nashville. By the time we left their home we felt we had made two new friends and look forward to our return and renewing our friendship again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SallyWhee
Reviewed January 22, 2011

My sister and I come here every year for her annual birthday getaway. It is just that, a getaway. The owners are sincerely interested in making your stay the best it can be. Wonderful food, super clean rooms with comfortable beds, in-room movie watching, private bathroooms, and privacy. We can spend hours socializing or just enjoy the quiet of our room with a book. It is a great experience and we always look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank MJJones74
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Great hospitality! Manuel and Nancy make you feel at home, they are awesome people! Very clean rooms, comfortable, charming and a great Breakfast! It a wonderful weekend get away!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lilibit66
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Ok, My friends and I smile when we think of going back to see Nancy and Manual at the 1875 B&B. We are warmly greeted and it is all up hill from there. Immaculate rooms, warm cookies, wine and anything else you can possibly think of. Did I mention the breakfast the following morning? My one friend is gluten free and Nancy and Manual accomidated her and made everything yummy. The breakfast only makes you wanna stay longer. I haven't been out to see my pals at the 1875 B&B in awhile because of busyness, but I miss them as they are wonderful people who run a top notched place.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends