“Back To Robinwood!!”
Review of Robinwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Robinwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Nashville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is our fourth consecutive year of coming to the Indiana Wine Fair in Brown County... and it's our second straight year to stay with Lance and Tyra at the Robinwood Inn... We intend to come to this every year and definitely will always stay at The Robinwood! It is our new favorite tradition.

Here is the thing about Robinwood... It is a relaxing atmosphere, very laid back, friendly - easy to talk to owners - who we love talking with as much as we enjoy the accommodations ... and on the weekends - they have an awesome gourmet breakfast made to order by Tyra who is an amazing cook! (try the sweet potato waffles if they have it on the menu... amazing!) What's not to love about this place?

The property itself is very well laid out and very homey - with a community fire pit and the cabin we stayed in (Maybelle's) has an additional private fire pit as well as a wood burning fireplace in the living room. But there are all of the modern amenities as well - like high speed internet (which is great!), hot tubs, amazingly comfortable beds, soft linens and comfortable furniture ...

Another thing we really love about this place - is the natural setting... it's a birdwatcher's paradise and if you love animals like we do ... you'll love the fact that there are two shetland ponies that roam the property... They are as tame as the two loving dogs that also live here... It all just adds to the amazing experience of staying here.

We have traveled a lot - Europe, Australia, Mexico and all over the US... and of everyplace we have gone we have never really been to a place that we just decide we have to go back to every year - until now... we are so glad we found Robinwood and look forward to many years of coming back here to stay!

Room Tip: Annabelle's cabin is awesome for 1 or 2 couples... Treetop is good for 2 to 4 couples (where we...
1  Thank Jason R

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband nd I just experienced staying in the Treetop Loft and I am a bit torn as to how I feel about it. It seemed odd that we never,ever had any interaction with the Innkeepers. I realize they acclaim this to your total serenity and they don't want to hound you. I would have appreciated a warm welcome and if you need anything you know where to find us, otherwise, you're on your own. We didn't have any idea where to get firewood for the common firepit, or even if we were allowed to use it. The "loft" served our purpose. The property was very relaxing and away from town enough, but not too far. I thought it was clean enough, until we grabbed a pillow from the couch and saw some gross stuff on it. The pillow on the bed downstairs, also some gross stuff! We didn't use that bed anyway. The couch had a bad smell to it also. So I was kind of wondering, how clean is this place? We did enjoy the private hot tub on the deck, though there was not any comfy furnishings to sit on there, maybe because it's the "shoulder" season and everything wasn't out yet. There is only one bathroom,and a smaller one at that, for a unit that has three bedrooms. I wouldn't want to share with that many people. We had to look in the cabinets to find any washclothes, and never had a bathmat. Little things maybe, but things that I felt should have been already out for our use. The kitchen had all the needs. I did find in the guide book they provided with some info, they expect you to clean all the dishes, clean any spills in oven or micro ( I understand to a point ) , so basically, clean up after yourself even though your on vacation...huh!! I can see filling the dishwasher and turning it on, period. There is no breakfast on the weekdays, no, not a thing. I guess because you have your own kitchen they didn't want to bother you, or is it be bothered by you? I think that's how we felt, the Innkeepers might be great people, but we would have never known it. We paid decent money to stay there and I think they could go out a little more for their guests.

3  Thank donlor82
Tyra M, Owner at Robinwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

We are sorry your stay did not live up to your expectations. It sounds like maybe you were looking for a more traditional bed and breakfast experience. It is very important to us to represent our Inn accurately, in hopes to avoid disappointment or confusion.
The Robinwood Inn is all about providing a unique and relaxed atmosphere for guests. We are kind of a hybrid of B&B and a Tourist Cabin although not so different than some of the original Inns around here. We put most of our efforts into the cottages and the grounds so if you see people outside working and you think- they might be the groundskeepers... that's us. We work very hard to insure privacy for our guests, so imagine our surprise to learn of your feelings of abandonment. It is like we tried to take first place in the swimming competition only to find we were supposed to be playing tennis, and to think we were right next door trying not to disturb you. We have found that most of our guests appreciate the fact that they can go right in after a sometimes long trip and unwind immediately especially when they are unsure of their arrival time. We explain the check in procedure in an email we send our guests prior to your arrival. We have a Survival Guide in the cottage complete with pictures, maps, info about the Inn, answering some of the commonly asked questions and invite guests to let us know if they would like a tour of the Inn. We ask guests to give us a call if they notice anything amiss on our welcome page along with our contact info, letting them know we are just next door. We are very happy to accommodate requests and always make every effort to deal personally with problems quickly when informed. I will make sure to review our information to make sure that it is clear that guests can arrange for a personal check in if they wish. I guess I just assume people will let you know if they need something, my kids sure do. In response to some of the other comments on this review:
As our website states, we offer special pricing on weekdays when not serving a full breakfast in the lodge and provide menus and contact information on the many great dining options in town. We provide a full restaurant style breakfast on the weekends.
The firewood stacked by the fire pit is certainly for our guests to use, but a simple call to inquire about the wood is a great way to get Lance to build a fire for you -as he loves to share his fire building "technique". I do think the weather was a little rainy during your stay also which may explain why we weren't out in the yard more.
With regard to the cleanliness of the cottage, we apologize for any oversights, but want to assure you that all cottages are cleaned between each stay.
The "funny" smell on the couch could be that I have taken to mixing my own essential oil blends to refresh the sofas and it has been the source of much debate here at home between Lance and myself as to whether everyone finds these scents as pleasant as I do. So Thanks for clearing that up for us, Lance feels pretty vindicated about now.
Please understand that most full size vacation rentals require guests to clean up any dishes and extra spills so they do not have to charge an extra cleaning fee due to the extra time and effort it takes their staff to clean them. Again, a bit different from a bed and breakfast or hotel, which usually has one bedroom and bathroom to clean before the next guests arrive. Since we are somewhere in the middle of these two types of lodging we try to offer the best of both worlds while splitting the difference in our policies.
Brown County's small businesses and lodging options are all as unique as the individuals that run them and I think that is what makes it so very special. I am sorry for the misunderstanding and any part we had in it. The local Visitor center is quite wonderful and would be a great help in finding the right place for you.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in the Robinwood Studio (4/4-4/7) which had abundant space and plenty of quiet! We had great weather: chilly enough for the electric fireplace and the hot tub, but warm enough to enjoy walking in the town. We brought a few snacks with us and utilized the kitchen while also checking out the Muddy Boots and a gelato place in town. Next time we will probably plan to stay only on the weekend because it was so convenient to walk next door on Saturday and enjoy coffee and a homemade breakfast. We also loved the miniature horses and meeting the other "residents" of Robinwood. We recommend Robinwood Inn!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I figured for our anniversary I could take the room that my and I had our honeymoon in, turned out to not be the case. I went web-crawling-crazy to find a decent place to stay. My wife and I have never been to a bed and breakfast and have heard so much about them. Interesting enough I came across Robinwood Inn, the pictures on their site does not do any justice. When we arrived, we were met by pooch named Romeo. At first he kind startled us, but after meeting him we had a since of security knowing Romeo was on guard. I have to say Tyra and Lance were more than accommodating for us. Plus, the amount that you spend on a 20X30 square box hotel can get you a whole home. The Treetop Loft is where stayed for the night. Tyra advised us that they were doing some renovation to the place and as you expect their a few things I noticed, but never felt uncomfortable. My wife and I were use to memory foam beds and it was different. I am big guy and had a little trouble getting out. As cold as it was outside the outdoor hot tub was wonderful. The Inkeepers breakfast nook was cozy and spacious. Felt like an early Inkeepers home/tavern. Nice fire going when we entered the breakfast nook. Great food (P.S. had the biscuits and bacon gravy, absolutely delicous and no upset stomach that normally follows). That's how you can tell it's fresh. Wife enjoyed the shamrock waffles, so filling she couldn't finish. Each plate was garnished with a very sweet strawberry. We are certainly ready to go back this spring/summer to see the beautiful landscape. Thank you again Tyra and Lance, The Cooley Family -visit BronzeCooley.com for photos of our stay.

Room Tip: The master suite in the Treetop Loft has a memory foam topper. If that is something you are unsure a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We wanted a weekend away that wasn't too terribly far so decided to give Brown County a try. Friends had recommended Maybelle's Cabin but as it was booked, we chose the Treetop Loft and weren't disappointed! The hot tub was a great place to relax, the breakfasts were fantastic (bacon gravy, homemade biscuits, quiche, cranberry-orange belgian waffles, sweet potato belgian waffles, homemade whipped cream...everything was top-notch!). Lance and Tyra were so welcoming and gracious hosts as was their sweet little girl. The shops town itself was neat to explore and Brown County State Park is beautiful. We cannot wait to go back and stay at Robinwood again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our first trip to Nashville, IN and Robinwood and we will be back soon I hope! Robinwood made the experience one of our best ever. The cozy Maybelle cottage was just what we hoped for. We loved it so much we opted to stay in rather than go out for the night! Secluded and quiet and our hosts were wonderful~the breakfasts were unique and delicious, a wonderful change from your typical B&B. And the critters at Robinwood were fun to have around. We thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent with Boo, Romeo, Rusty and Stormy! We will for sure be back, and may even bring the kids and pups next time!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Robinwood is sooo awesome - secluded and rustic, yet just a few minutes from town. We loved everything - the studio, the fires (inside and out), the gourmet marshmallows (thanks Tyra!), the breakfast (bacon gravy - yum!), the hot tub, dogs and ponies, and watching the bird party. Thank you! Gail & Vaughn Linville - Alexandria, KY

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple