“Paintballing was Awesome!”

eXplore Brown County at Valley Branch Retreat
Ranked #1 of 2 Fun & Games in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: eXplore Brown County is a 1000 acre adventure retreat. We offer Zip-Line Canopy Tours, 80 acres of Paintball Fields, 30 miles of Mountain Biking and Hiking Trails, Guided ATV/Buggy tours, Off-Road Hummer Tours, Primitive Camping, Electric/ Water Sites, and Full Hook-up Sites, Cabin Rentals, a Fishing Lake, and a Banquet Hall. We are open year-round, you can checkout our website for details on closings and possible weather related closings. We also have rentals for the day or hour for boats, canoes, paddle boats, fishing poles and much more. All lake activities are seasonal March 1 - Nov 1 each year.
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I have been Paintballing with my church group at paintball valley (explore brown county) for many years now I just really wanted to say how friendly and helpful the refs were. Especially the man who took our payment and explained the safety rules. I believe his name is Albert. We arrived 15 minutes late and he wasn't angry with us or didn't give us Any problems what so ever. He happily took our pay and sent us off to our ref named Quincy. Any problem we had, for example, my gun jammed up and I yelled "ref gun problem" and he ran over and fixed it.
It was an excellent expierence aNd I recommend Paintballing to any group of people who want to become closer together and have an awesome time!!! THANK YOU QUINCY AND ALBERT!!

1  Thank Ben813
"feel comfortable"
"an awesome experience"
"first timers"

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was part of a group that spent the night at eXplore Brown County recently for a strategic planning meeting for an association we represent. We took part in the Zip Lines and enjoyed an evening of fun, followed by our business session the next day. For me, the entire event was a lot of fun - the people in the office had a great sense of humor - very important with the group I was in - and very accomodating! The guides on the zip line were also a lot of fun, yet were very good at making sure we were safe and secure at all times. We utilized the lodge for some country line dancing lessons, then had our meeting in the same facility the next day. Again, the office staff were very accomodating, as we made quite a mess in their kitchen preparing our meals while they were conducting business. The only downside froma staffing angle was the caretaker, who wasn't the friendliest person - maybe he was having a bad day? As for the overnight facilities, they were definitely rustic, but that's how they were advertised, so no complaints there! Overall, I thought it was a great experience and would highly recommend it to anyone planning a group outing or a family getaway. We barely scratched the surface as to the many activities available, but I'm sure they are all equally entertaining. The scenery was outstanding, as would be expected in Brown County!

Gary B, Manager at eXplore Brown County at Valley Branch Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

We are so glad that you had a wonderful time here at Explore Brown County, we are always happy to hear great things about our staff and how they treat you while on your stay here. As the caretaker I just wanted you to know that I am sorry if I seemed in a bad mood, I think that sometimes people may take my quietness as being grumpy. But if you return I will try and be more up beat with your group. Thank you again for the review and from all of us here at Explore Brown County, make everyday an adventure.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

My group met for the zip line tour and found the people welcoming and happy. I found the employee's smiles welcoming and the atmosphere light. The instructions were clear, the tour leaders seemed quite experienced and all the equipment is in really good condition.

The day seemed great until we arrived at paintball with Albert. This guy has a major attitude problem. We arrived 10 minutes late, for all day unlimited play games, because of the casual progress of the zip line tour, at this same place of business. Our excessive tardiness seemed to set Albert off, but we avoided confrontation allowed him his rant and progressed on to play. All but two people were new to paintball and the amount of paint we were given became a question. All the other paintball employees were understanding and tried to resolve the situation.

But, along comes Albert and his attitude. Right away he displayed aggression and was quite vocally confrontational. Instead of listening to the situation and the words that were being spoken, Albert heard the words he wanted to hear. Thus raising his voice saying "are you calling me a liar". This guy clearly does not understand how to process information about a misunderstanding, and instead hears words that only he wants to hear. The only other complaint with paintball is: too many employees were involved in the setup process. One guy would explain the rules, the next the equipment, the next passed out paint and another offered playful distraction. This was all well and good until the confusion with paint presented its self.

I would like to offer my suggestion to improve the events associated with paintball. Step one, fire Albert! I would never allow this man to work for my company. He clearly is emotionally unstable and ignorant. Step two, only have 1 employee explain the rules, pass out equipment, and get customers ready. Step three, save the antics and distraction till after all the customers are set up and ready. Step four, pass the group off to a ref and allow the fun to start.

3  Thank realreviewsnow

We are sorry that your paintball experience was not up to par, and that a member of the staff was unfriendly to you while you were here. We just want to assure you that this matter has had an internal investigation done on the situation. We hope that you will try us out again here at Explore Brown County.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Ty, Roo (Nick ) & Rob were great and so much fun as guides! This was my husband's and my 20th anniversary and I am afraid of heights...but this was not scary at all, just fun & a rush!! We did the Screamer package and it was worth every cent! It made for one special anniversary memory!

1  Thank Anne P