“Zip or not to Zip...definitely Zip!”

Explore Brown County at Valley Branch Retreat
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Brown County is a 1000 acre adventure retreat. We offer Zip-Line Canopy Tours, 80 acres of Paintball Fields, 30 miles of Mountain Biking and Hiking Trails, Guided ATV tours, Primitive Camping, Electric/ Water Sites, and Full Hook-up Sites, Cabin Rentals, a Fishing Lake, and a Banquet Hall. We are open year-round, you can checkout our website for details on closings and possible weather related closings. We also have rentals for the day or hour for boats, canoes, paddle boats, fishing poles and much more. All lake activities are seasonal March 1 - Nov 1 each year.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zip or not to Zip...definitely Zip!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Don't hesitate for an instant when considering to Zip Line at Explore Brown County/Valley Branch Retreat. We chose the 5 Zip Line package which was well worth the price. What a blast and a special thanks goes out to our guides Ty and Courtney for adding to the experience. I would suggest making your reservations soon because once the work gets out, lookout.

1 Thank orbeaman

Vincennes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“13th Birthday Zip”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My son and his best friend turned 13 so they wanted to Zip line as their special birthday treat. It was an awesome day, the facility is beautiful and the kids played tether ball while waiting for their trip. The guides were very knowledgeable, professional and made everyone feel at ease. They even let me ride along so I could take pictures. We will definitely go back and have told lots of people about our great day!

1 Thank Melissa T
Camby, Indiana
“So much fun!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had a blast. The only thing I'll say is that we thought we were buying two zips for $35 but really it was one (the Screamer) plus a little one just to get you off the platform. The description could have been a little clearer on the website. The trip itself was so much fun and the guides really great. Unfortunately we forgot to take cash with us and tips are suggested if you had a good time. Sorry, Nick & Nick. We will for sure get you next time! We plan to go back in a few weeks to do the $75 package with a few friends.

Indianapolis
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Zip On !!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We missed out on the opportunity to zip through the air over Super Bowl Village in downtown Indy during Super Bowl week this year and were VERY disappointed. So, when I heard about Explore Brown County at Valley Branch Retreat, I was intrigued. We knew nothing about the place other than what came up on internet searches. But, we decided to try it out and were very glad we did.

I have always had a fear of high places so taking this adventure tour was quite an undertaking for me. But our guides, Greg and Anna, made us feel safe & secure, while leading us on an entertaining and exciting tour through the treetops including 5 different zip lines (3 of them traversed a lake....quite a nice experience), 2 suspension bridges (nerve racking but the advice of the guides made it quite doable), and a rappel at the end where the guide lowered us to the ground from the final tree platform.

Great fun. You gotta scream while you're doing at least one zip....it wouldn't be fun if you didn't scream!! And the retreat has another course with as many zip lines, and the Piece de Resistance...a 1,220 foot zip line where speeds can reach 45 mph!! We haven't tried that one yet but plan on returning to do it at least once (probably more).

All in all, Explore Brown County more than made up for our disappointment at missing out on zipping at the Super Bowl. We went as a couple and were grouped with two other couples, but I think this would be a blast for a group. Try it!!!

1 Thank Hoosier-Ike
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great times”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I bought this event off Groupon not knowing what I was getting into, but had a fantastic time. The Guides were awesome and seemed well educated on the matter, and the course was fun. I would definitely go again!

1 Thank LanieP