“Great show from IU ... Another Round a capella group”

Brown County Playhouse
Ranked #9 of 32 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Brown County Playhouse has a diverse array of programming - live music, special events, plays, an movies. Check the website for the latest on what is happening at the Playhouse.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's a terrific venue for close, wonderful stage performance. This group of 12 college men sang like a million dollars. Wish the crowds coming through town knew more about this little diamond. Fortunately, this show was sold out. Worth seeing for sure!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Brown County Playhouse has been around as long as I can remember. Indiana University has put on summer events for several years. They did an excellent job. The venue is small, perhaps seating 75-100. Every seat seems to be very good. I have always been able to hear well from any seat I have been in the auditorium.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I must admit, that when we received 4 tickets to go to this thing, from a friend, that I was not real enthused about it. However... love my family & someone had to drive, & they don't like taking the freeway, so... In any case, upon getting there (an hour drive), we managed to find it on the main drag (after driving by it twice - as its not very big looking from outside). The people at the ticket window as well as concession stand & greeters inside were extremely nice & really brightened the initial entry into the play house as well as getting our seats. I knda expected a shoddy half together play put on by a group of teenagers or wannabee actors. Instead I got two (yes 2) actors which perfromed the entire play, and acting as both narrators as well as several different characters during the thing. Know what? I was pleasantly surprised as to their performance as well as their ability to memorize so many lines, characters, and story parts without a hint of error or pause among all. Their manorisms as well as character faces were outstanding, and I found myself mezmorized as he play went on. Not once, was I bored during the entire play, which lasted approx 2 hours. The story line was a bit odd, and characters also somewhat intrigueing, but I did actually enjoy it (and I think), more than the others that I came with... although everyone said they liked it. I would llike to commend and praise (highly) that the male & female actors in this play were not only both good looking, but super outstanding in their acting, their memories, and their presentation of the entire play! Indeed a very wonderful & professional & talented set of acting that they did. If I were a producer or talent scout... I would hire them on the spot! Yes... they were that good! (and all with very little props or any microphone or gimmick speaker system. Not once did I have a problem hearing all that they said, and several times their actions & acting made people in the audience "jump" almost out of their seats! I highly recommend anyone to check this theatre or playhouse out! Treat youself and your family or friends to an entertainment source almost forgotten in so many parts of the country, we all being spoiled by television, movie theatres, and special effects gimmicks in the media world today. This place brings back class within the acting world. And when you leave, not only will you be talking about your experience, but the town itself surroinding the playhouse has numeroous places to eat, to shop, and to look around at unique items you'll notfind in other places in Indiana! Great trip! And well worth the time and the travel!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been only once and attended the "Finger Picking Competition" Great venue, and had a wonderful time listening to all the music!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm so happy this playhouse has reopened, we have a lot of family memories visiting this place at least 3-4 times a year. Just saw the play "Train to Nibroc" and I fell in love with watching the two actors fall in love. A new production company has moved in and they are truly enthusiastic and delightful when meeting. I can't wait to get back down there to this great little town and wonderful playhouse.

1  Thank Josie G