TripAdvisor

Big Woods Pizza Co.
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Big Woods Pizza Co. is just across the alley from the original Big Woods brew pub in Nashville, Ind. We offer family-friendly indoor and outdoor seating, a premium pizza menu, and your favorite, Brown County-made Quaff ON! ales and Hard Truth spirits.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I ate at this establishment in a recent trip to Brown County. The food was excellent. The service was very friendly and our waiter. Our waiter. He led back on us frequently and brought us fresh beverages before we could ask for them. The decor is rustic and even though they were very busy no one waited more than 25 minutes to be seated. We both had a sandwich and wings as an appetizer which were very tasty. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (908)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I, while spending the weekend in Brown County, decided to give this pizza joint a shot (primarily because I begged my wife like a pleading child). I was interested in trying the local beer and you can’t go wrong with pizza!
We arrived fairly early for dinner service (I’d say it was around 3:30 or 4) thinking we could get it quicker. There was still a 10 minute wait (no prob) despite there being several open tables that we could visibly see.
Upon being seated we dove into the menu and were pleased with the traditional offerings of a pizza place; wings, calzones, pizza.
Our waitress was pleasant but inattentive. She wasn’t the only one though. As we looked around the fairly small dining room, we noticed that the staff (despite there being a LOT of employees) looked like chickens with their heads cut off. It wasn’t overly busy but tables were not being waited on. Another young waitress was walking around to tables asking if their drink orders had been taken. I guess there was no breakdown of tables to servers?
We ordered an appetizer (the cheese bread) and I ordered a beer. My wife ordered a water. The water came. I glanced at the bar and saw my beer sitting there. And sitting there. Out came out appetizer and I asked my waitress about the beer. She went the 10 steps, retrieved it, and sat it down on the table quite hard...hard enough to spill the contents all over. I thanked her (I was raised with manners, even when the service isn’t the greatest) to which she ignored me and went marching away.
The appetizer was fantastic. Some of the best cheese bread I have had.
There were young kids bringing sodas to tables, there were teens dropping glassware on the floor, and just general pandemonium everywhere you looked.
My wife and I both ordered individual pizzas; here with arugula and chicken, mine with sandwich sized pepperoni and pork sausage.
They came out fairly quickly and were good. Nothing spectacular but good.
After a couple more beers my wife was beyond ready to leave (it was noisy and things just kept falling and breaking in the background).
My assumption is that there is no organization with the wait staff. The kitchen had it together and the line bartender was quick, but the waiting staff was a hot mess express.
We might check it out again at a different time (lunch?) if we return.

Reviewed September 16, 2019

I have been to Big Woods Pizza in the past and convinced my husband and the couple we were traveling with that the food would be worth the 50 minute wait on a busy Saturday. They took our number and name and sent us text messages when our table was ready.

We spend some of our wait time at the bar. The bar tender made great recommendations based on beers and spirits people normally drink and offered friendly and quick service. They have a tasting bar and gift show that can fill some of your time while you wait for a table as well.

Once our table was ready, the server was quick to get our order and additional drinks. We all had pizza which was fantastic.

The restaurant is small, but not too crammed and the atmosphere is fun. We sat inside, but there was outside seating available as well.

I would definitely recommend Big Woods Pizza for one of your meals when visiting Nashville.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Big Woods never disappoints! We enjoyed the Forager pizza and the famous Big Woods Pulled Pork Nachos with a few craft cocktails. Jordan was our server and we couldn’t have asked for anything better. She was so attentive and kind. Our drinks never went dry and she made us all feel so at home. If you’re in the area, you have to stop by!

Reviewed September 8, 2019

After an all day hike we decided to grab something to eat. New to the area, we decided to try somewhere new. We ordered the forager pizza and the pulled pork nachos. Both were great! The small order of nachos were perfect for 2 of us. Our server Arthur was funny and we had a really good time with him. If you are in Nashville, IN you should check it out. They also serve a variety of there own house beers.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Big Woods Pizza Co.? Share your experiences!