“Great lunch”

Big Woods Pizza Co.
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Big Woods Pizza Co. is just across the alley from the original Big Woods brew pub in Nashville, Ind. We offer family-friendly indoor and outdoor seating, a premium pizza menu, and your favorite, Brown County-made Quaff ON! ales and Hard Truth spirits.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The day we were in Nashville it was cold and a slight mist was coming down. My daughter and granddaughter had been here before and raved about their lunch. So as we walked in we were disappointed when we were told they were full. But then we were told they could serve us outside if we wanted sit on the porch, which had both an upright and above heater. So we stayed out there and were quite comfortable and warm. They offered us a sample of their pumpkin beer. I am not much of a beer drinker but would definitely drink a glass of that next time (when not driving). I heard so much about what my girls had last time so I just ordered what they did...the fried rice that is topped with cauliflower which is deep fried and coated with General Tso’s sauce. I added chicken to mine and they both chose salmon to add to theirs. To say this dish was awesome would be an understatement! I found out both Bloomington and Franklin have this restaurant and the same menu. Since I live in Martinsville, I won’t have to drive so far to have this yummy dish again! Some day I might try one of the other great looking foods on the menu, but for now I’m hooked on the fried rice bowl! I will be indulging in that fried rice again soon at one of the closer locations. I just hope it is as good as their Nashville location! And of course, I would eat here again whenever in Nashville! Great place to eat and drink!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The pizza is the best. Especially the Margherita. The service is great. The staff is friendly. One of those must do places. The nachos are great as well.

Date of visit: October 2018
Kristina H, Manager at Big Woods Pizza Co., responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review, Peggy! We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

We went to the "main restaurant" But they can't do samples, because of the Archaic Alcohol Laws in Indiana. No one taking names for the restaurant wait tells you this and we waited a good 15 minutes before the bartender let us know. She directed us to go to the smaller restaurant or upstairs to the bar. So we went back to the smaller restaurant in the alley. But, they were out of the beer I wanted to try AND they can't do alcohol Carry out. Again, it would be really nice if the staff were informing patrons of what's going on or if it's just posted for reading.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you for your review. We are working on getting our Tasting Room back up and running, believe me it's a bummer for us too! We love to have a good time in there while guests are waiting for their tables. In the meantime feel free to visit our newest location, Hard Truth Hills, where they conduct tours, tastings, and have carry-out!

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Yummy pizza and gluten free pizza. This is the second time I’ve eaten here over the years. Good service and delicious food. My husband ordered a regular pizza and a beer. He says they both tasted good. I had a water and gluten free BBQ pizza and Greek house salad without croutons. It was also very good. Highly recommend this place for the atmosphere and food.

Date of visit: November 2018

Thank you for the great review. We hope you'll be back more often! Cheers!

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place to eat. I highly recommend it. Best pizza we’ve had in a long time. If you’re in Nashville, you have to go.

Date of visit: October 2018
Kristina H, Manager at Big Woods Pizza Co., responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

So glad you had a great visit. Come back and see us soon!

Been to Big Woods Pizza Co.? Share your experiences!