“Perfect Spa Day!”

Ethereal Day Spa and Salon
More attraction details
Owner description: Brown County's only day spa, located in the village of Nashville, Indiana. Complete spa and salon services enhancing how you look and feel. Massages, facials, body masks, wraps and peels. Packages available, open 7 days, Sundays and Tuesdays at the Spa, save 25% on all packages by appointment only.
Evansville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Spa Day!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My girlfriends and I had the perfect spa day here. We were welcomed by a very professional staff, very courteous and helpful. We each had a Hot Stone Massage, Facial and Pedicure and were very pleased with all of our services. We had planned several months in advance for this and felt that our experience there was the highlight of our girlfriends getaway! Very relaxing setting--clean and very comfortable! We wish we could have gone back the next day for more!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank julie m

Huntington, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband surprised me with a morning at the spa while on a mini-vacation to a cabin in Nashville, IN. It was an amazing treat! The spa is relaxing from time you walk in, clean and a welcoming place. He booked the Candlelight Couples Massage, which started with a soak in a private hot tub, massages and ended with a shower with rainforest shower heads. It had me relaxed from the moment it started! We are going to try to make this stop a yearly tradition! I'm already looking forward to getting back!

Visited September 2013
Brownsburg, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointing pedicures”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

After reading the reviews here, we thought it'd be a nice highlight on a "Girls Day Out" Trip to Nashville. There were four of us and when I booked the appointment, I was told that they only had two massage chairs. They could do two at a time or all four of us at once in "two non-massage chairs". That was the wording. Well, it might've been fine if we were seated in two normal chairs, but they had two of us sitting in the shampoo bowl chairs: no firm back, neck area of the shampoo bowl covered with a pillow, and our feet propped up on the knees of the kind women who were doing our pedicure. Not to mention, we were separated from our other two friends. There was no discount for this most uncomfortable situation and we paid the full $45 plus 20% gratuity. Additionally, for all of us, we agreed these were probably the least attentive, least effective pedicures we have ever had.
I would like to also add that although our stylists/technicians were friendly, the manager who was there, and who saw me mouth to my friend "$45?" walked over to one of the women and said something along the lines of "One of them is angry." So, even though she registered that, she never came over to ask me what the issue might be, or how she might help me.
I had to reserve with a credit card and was informed of the cancelation policy. I felt like we could not leave after seeing that we would be in separate areas or that two of us would be sitting at the shampoo bowls for a pedicure. A stylist chair, or the waiting area chairs, or a manicure chair would've been better than this.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank geelis
Cris L, Owner at Ethereal Day Spa and Salon, responded to this review, April 20, 2016
Under new ownership...check us out when you're in the area.
Brownsburg, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ethereal Day Spa ~ NOT worth your time nor money!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My girlfriends took me on a surprise day trip down to Nashville to celebrate my birthday. They had made an appt. here at this spa for all of us. At $54, which included tip...you would expect a FANTASTIC pedicure that would rival above the rest...well NO, not here! My friend when booking over the phone was told that there we would all be together and that there were 2 massage chairs and 2 non-massage chairs, BUT that we would all be together...this was absolutely not the case. We were split up 2 and 2 and 2 of my friends were out in an open area and their feet soaked in a shampoo bowl!! Although the girls that did both my pedi and the other gal that was with me were friendly, my pedicure in particular was not done well. Upon further inspection the sides were not complete with polish and the amount of buffing etc. that is normally done was not and again $54???? Even the tubs that our feet soaked in where ones that could be purchased at your local Wal-Mart...should not be used in such a "spa" like atmosphere. They apparently have the money to upgrade their pedi chairs by charging the outrageous amount that they do! I ended up paying for mine as I felt horrible that no one was happy with what was supposed to have been a relaxing and enjoyable time...I couldn't see them taking care of mine when they were going to have to pay for theirs as well. We were all so excited to sit down, relax and chat about how fun the day was and then it all abruptly stopped here. I will never go back to this spa and will make sure to spread the word for those even thinking about heading that way....waste of time, money...total waste period!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank wearethejones5
Nashville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hair Removal Services”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I visited Ethereal Day Spa and Salon for an eyebrow and lip wax. The employees were friendly and courteous, it smelled nice, and they offer a lot of services. However, there is no sign displaying prices for ANY service, and I felt that $12 for a lip wax and $15 for an eyebrow wax was entirely too expensive for the quality of service I received. Every aesthetician I've visited before has used oil or powder prior to applying wax, so as to not pull the skin too roughly when the wax is removed. After the wax is pulled off they apply pressure to the waxed area to alleviate some of the pain, then they tweeze any stray hairs left, remove the wax residue, and apply a calming oil or balm. The girl at Ethereal applied the wax (which was not warm enough) without any oil or powder, did not press the skin or tweeze the stray hairs (of which there were quite a few), nor did she remove all the wax residue. She applied plain aloe vera gel afterwards, but my skin had little welts all over the waxed areas, which has never happened to me before.
In addition, while I wouldn't say the facility was filthy, most of the tables, counters, and display shelves were quite dusty, as were the products displayed on them.
All in all, I would not recommend this spa to anyone. In my opinion, they are way overpriced for the quality of service. I get better service at the little rinky-dink salons, for far less money. I won't be back.

Visited May 2013