“Wow, a hidden gem!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bradenton, FL
“Wow, a hidden gem!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

First of all, you need to find the place....it's on the southside of Indiana Hwy 46 just east of Nashville. Best way to find it is to look for the Family Dollar (not Dollar General) and it is next to it.

Great food, great wait staff. Great chef (brought in from Bloomington, we are told) and the reason I believe many people rate other eating places in Nashville higher is because they're easy to find, and the Pine Room is tough to spot.

From a burger and a beer to complicated entrees, this is the spot. They are only open for dinner, so plan accordingly. The Pine Room was once somehere else in town and was a tough biker bar. But it has grown up and it is grand!

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank BarefootTom

Anderson, Indiana
“Horrible service”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Horible horrible service from manager. Don't think they wanted a group of 16 40-60 year olds. We agreed to set in 4 booths and pay with one bill. Place was almost empty on a Sunday early evening. A couple of our group asked again about separate bills and was told no . They said ok but they wouldn't come back again. Then they were asked to pay their bill and leave. They complained that they had not yet finished their drinks and that they were not paying the additional 20percent tip. The manager then told rum that they would pay it or she would call the police . She even went on to say that responsible adults call ahead and make reservations. Then they asked all entire group to leave. Hard to believe we had such rude service. Glad to spend my money at a another place that wanted our business.

• Visited October 2011
6 Thank Nancyphoto
Columbus, Indiana
“GO TO THE PINE ROOM TAVERN!!!!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Went there after an IU football game in Bloomington. We heard it had a good selection of draft beers and good food at a reasonable price.

I gotta admit it was kinda strange listening to long hair classical music while the blue grass band set up to play in a restaurant next to a Dollar General store.

However, I had the Short Ribs. Came with spinach topped rice (maybe some melted cheese?)

AWESOME!!!!!

One of the best meals I have ever had.

Really.

Yes, in little ol' Nashville, Indiana.

True.

Nice selection of microbrew drafts with a nice selection of bottled microbrews as well. Another reviewer had said they were picky and liked import microbrews. I don't know what they are talking about. If they knew anything about beer they would have known that the Pine Room had a very fine selection of some of the best microbrew beers available. Some were even from near by.

Go there. Order the Short Ribs. You will not regret it.

Can't wait to go back.

Wife had the fish n' chips and said they were great.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Nate-Columbus
Bloomington, Indiana
“Best dining in town!”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The Pine Room is the best dining in town! The menu has something for everyone as long as you are 21 or over... A great wine list and fantastic beer list accompany there nightly specials so well. I had the shrimp and grits while I was there and they were so good...

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank OpptomisticByNature
Gray, TN
“The food was amazing”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband makes fun of me because sometimes when I have a REALLY good meal, I call them...'Food Moments'. It hasn't happened in a long time (we now have young children). We went to the PRT on our anniversary and didn't have to wait. The service was good, the drinks a little expensive (decent beer selection-we are a little picky and only order import or micro brews- so it didn't wow us) but, the food was amazing.
The salad had onions marinated in something- I don't usually eat them-- but they were delicious. I got the diablo (i think that's the name) burger and it was perfect. My husband's steak was incredible. They were both cooked to order. This was a food moment for the both of us.
They strive to use local ingredients, etc. and do a nice job. We appreciate local, organic food and this was a nice taste of IN.
Oh-- it is tough to find-- it's back behind a few buildings and next to a Dollar General-- don't be afraid to go in- you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2011