“Best Girl's weekend ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Iris Garden Cottages & Suites
Bloomington, Indiana
“Best Girl's weekend ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Six friends from grade school (45 years ago) all got together for the first time in over 20 years and stayed at Iris Garden Cottage for the best weekend. Wonderful location in downtown Nashville IN. The "Girlfriends Getaway" had everything we needed and even more. Days after we checkout one of us realized she left her Kindle in one of the bedrooms. I called Amy and she found the Kindle. Wonderful staff. We had such a great time we plan to come back next year. Sleeps 7 with 2 bathrooms. Jo Ann - Bloomington

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed in one of these cottages a couple of months ago and loved it. It was spacious and had more than we needed in the way of bedrooms and amenities. The staff is amazingly friendly and willing to help you with whatever you need. We even got upgraded free of charge due to a change in booking! We definitely recommend the Iris Garden Cottages to anyone staying in Nashville.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was just there over the weekend and had an wonderful time. It was very peaceful and close to everything. Our cottage was near a food court but no one messed with the cottage and was quite. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. I would definitly be back. Fyi there was not an fitness center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at Iris Garden Cottages early this month. What a find! The location is just perfect and the cozy cottages are lovely. Then you meet the staff and there hospitality sets the bar high. It felt as though Amy were welcoming us into her home. She was sure to let us know that we should not hesitate to call if we needed anything. She shared with us some of her favorite dining spots and let us know that Irene in the rock shop would also be happy to assist if we need anything. Can't wait to plan another visit!!! What a very quaint and cozy setting!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My sisters and I stayed in the "Heart of Nashville" two weeks ago. The only thing going for Iris Gardens is that it's walking distance to the shops and restaurants in Nashville. The website photos are very deceiving, however. No privacy- the bedrooms are without doors! We are glad we thought to bring our own toiletries and hair dryer, as there were none provided. We were assured we had free wi-fi, but there was zero reception, unless we stood outside! This is NOT the place to stay if you are in need of assistance; we had to carry our bags down steep steps after parking behind the place. I hope to visit Nashville again in the future, but I plan to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Valouie
Matt G, Owner at Iris Garden Cottages & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I'm so sorry that you and your sisters had less than an excellent experience during your stay with us. I'm glad that you were happy with the location of your unit that is as its' name implies, in "THE HEART OF NASHVILLE". I sure wish you had let us know that you needed help with your luggage, as I would have been more than happy to help you. My apologies for apparently not offering. We have any toiletries that you might need if you would have just let us know that you had a need. We work our hardest to make your stay great, but I'm afraid that we can't go back in time and fix something that you didn't make us aware of. Thank you for pointing out to us that the Wifi signal was not strong enough to be used inside your unit. As you will certainly remember, I immediately drove to Bloomington to buy a new Wifi router and also bought a signal extender while I was there to enhance the signal even better than it had been. As you will also remember, when I connected the new system it was not compatible with our computer system. Sometimes, try as you may, problems occur. I'm sorry it occurred during your visit. Check every one of our other comments and you will realize that we REALLY TRY HARD to make our customers happy. I truly am sorry that we were just not able to make you and your sister (that left the only other bad review that we've had) happy. We are happy though that your nephew, that had stayed in the same unit just before you, liked it so much that he recommended it to you. We hope your next visit is a happy one.
Matt (and Amy) Gray
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Based on the other reviews of the Iris Gardens, my sisters and I were looking forward to our visit to Brown County and our stay at the Iris Gardens. We loved Brown County, but would never, ever, stay at the Iris Gardens cottages again. Our unit was sandwiched between a rock shop and the gallery, facing a courtyard with tables that are used by tourists (early in the morning). Many tourists came to the door of our unit, mistaking it for a business/shop. When we complained about the lack of Wifi connection (one of us needed it for work), the staff pointed to the deck of cards and suggested we entertain ourselves that way. Add to that spitballs on the ceilings, shabby kitchenette and furnishings, and the ever-present smell of smoke emanating from the BBQ joint behind us. It is a stretch to even call this place rustic.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Hoosiercricket
Matt G, Owner at Iris Garden Cottages & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I'm so sorry that you and your sisters had less than an excellent experience during your stay with us. It seems that you weren't happy with the location of your unit that is as its' name implies, in "THE HEART OF NASHVILLE". In fact, that is why the description that you read on our website for "THE HEART OF NASHVILLE" unit states "Simply stroll right out of your door into the heart of the excellent shops,". This unique location is actually very sought after by many, many return guests. We are sorry that you did not utilize the small privacy gate that is located at the bottom of the ramp that leads up to your unit and ensures your privacy. Thank you for pointing out to us that the Wifi signal was not strong enough to be used inside your unit. As you will certainly remember, I immediately drove to Bloomington to buy a new Wifi router and also bought a signal extender while I was there to enhance the signal even better than it had been. As you will also remember, when I connected the new system it was not compatible with our computer system. Sometimes, try as you may, problems occur. I'm sorry it occurred during your visit. You implied that the staff (Amy, my wife and business partner) was somewhat rude about pointing to the playing cards and suggesting that we entertain ourselves that way. I'll just say this,...... Amy is the absolute sweetest lady that I (and you, and anyone else that has ever had the pleasure of meeting her) have ever met. I'm sorry that you must have misread something she said, because I assure you that whatever she said was just trying her level best to make you happy. Check every one of our other comments and you will realize that we REALLY TRY HARD to make our customers happy. As far as your comment about the "spit balls" on the ceiling; we had just replaced our lighting fixtures from track lighting to new lighted brass ceiling fans. The small holes that were left from the old electric wire entries on the track lights were plugged with paper until our carpenter could turn wooden dowels to plug them properly. Sorry that you thought they were something as sinister as "spitballs". I truly am sorry that we were just not able to make you and your sister (that left the only other bad review that we've had) happy. We are happy though that your son, that had stayed in the same unit just before you, liked it so much that he recommended it to you. We hope your next visit is a happy one.
Matt (and Amy) Gray
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went to Nashville last June (2012) for the nearby Bean Blossom Bluegrass Festival and was just looking for a place to lay my head at night. Little did I know I would arrive to discover that Iris Gardens was in the middle of such a charming little town, full of shops and galleries! And little did I know that Iris Gardens itself would be such a heavenly place! My little cabin was homey, spacious, comfortable, and beautiful! It was very, very clean and neat, adorably decorated in a country theme, and had a kitchen, full-sized refrigerator, and a gorgeous, spacious bathroom with a beautiful shower, sink, and vanity. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and I slept like a baby. It was very quiet and peaceful. The owners were really kind and welcoming and treated me with care. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I can't wait to stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo