“Not a large selection...but flavorful quality”

Big Woods Brewing Co.
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Brewery, Distillery and Restaurant...craft beer, craft spirits, great food, good people
Tuscola, Illinois
“Not a large selection...but flavorful quality”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

When we arrived, the place was full inside, yet offered outside seating on a wonderful evening.
The menu was limited to basically pizza or calzones and we ordered a pizza. It was cooked perfectly and had such good flavor. The wait staff was courteous and quite helpful. I would recommend BIg Woods Brewery for those looking for a simple meal. It is not overpriced and the service was prompt.

• Visited May 2014

“Made My Wife Cry!!!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

They made my wife cry on our anniversary! We waited an hour for a table, sat outside and had a drink while waiting. Everything was fine until we were seated, the waitress asked for our ID's. We are both well over 21 and don't look young, and they didn't ID us for our drinks while we waited. My wife left her ID at home. They refused to serve us! The manager said that everyone inside had to have ID proving their age. We weren't even drinking at this point, but they would not let us sit there and order food. All he would say is "Sorry"! After waiting for an hour! They have a sign up stating no one under 21 is allowed in, but no where does it say you won't be served without ID. This is a TERRIBLE way to run a business and they should be ashamed!!! STAY AWAY!!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jamie R
Cynthiana, Indiana
“Good food & micro brew beer”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a big beer drinker but my lunch companions loved the 6 ft blonde microbrew beer. They DO NOT serve wine! I had the Swiss & mushroom burger, it was cooked perfectly at medium rare. Just the fact that they ask you how you want a burger cooked is a miracle & to actually achieve that is rare! My lunch companions had the burger sliders & pulled pork sliders. They both enjoyed their meals.

Visited April 2014
New Richmond, Ohio
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

So I have wanted to eat here since the restaurant opened. Due to a weird law in Indiana, kids cannot eat in a bar so you must be 21 to eat here. This was my first time in town without my kids so I jumped at the chance. it was worth the wait. I admit I am not a beer drinker so I cannot comment on that. The food was great. I got the pulled pork sandwich. It comes with barbecue sauce and a spice horseradish sauce. I got the sauce on the side since I wasn't sure how hot it would be, but the sauce was great. The pork was juicy and full of flavor even without the sauce. The kettle chips were average. I was surprised at how small the restaurant is but it is well worth a visit.
They have recently opened a pizza place where families can eat together. I hope they bring more of the brewery menu to it.

• Visited April 2014
Cheyenne
“Great Micro Brewery”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

You've got to try this place! Best portobello mushroom burger ever and have a 6 foot blonde with it! (Light amber ale) lol

Been to Big Woods Brewing Co.? Share your experiences!