“Fluffy Eggs with a side of Grumpy” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fluffy Eggs with a side of Grumpy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great location, tucked away with a charming exterior and interior. I sat next to the roaring fireplace, stepped up to the counter to order my fluffy eggs and received a side of Grumpy with my hot water & lemon. Mr. Grumpy continued to treat all of his customers this way; he should become a slient partner. Although the fluffy eggs were delicious, the attitude of the owner was like a bad souffle.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jill L

Battle Creek, Michigan
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

On a cold day, nothing beats a fresh latte. Next to a crackling fire. I believe that proprieter had been sampling his own wares (he was a little hyper), but he was a hoot! Pleasant banter, and the staff obviously loved him. I will be making this a regular stop.

Visited November 2013
Philpot, Kentucky, United States
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am sorry to say that after having visited the Daily Grind in several different locations over the years in Nashville I have to agree with other reviews I have seen on here. The owner is really bad about yelling at people. While I have no complaint about the products sold, it was a real turn off to observe the actions of the owner, and workers were obviously uncomfortable with what was going on also. I don't know if there is new ownership since I was there before, but we have always enjoyed the place in the past and made it one of our stops on each visit. Sad to see this.

4 Thank CynthiaS6360
Beech Grove, Indiana
“Typical Nashville”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been coming to the Daily Grind for years, and will probably keep coming back unless I get insulted by the owner. Coffee is good, food is good. Maybe I follow the rules and I'm not even aware of it! I have noticed that so many of the shop and restaurant managers, owners, employees in this town tend to be uncomfortably quirky at times. There's usually a strange story to bring home with each visit. But getting back to the Daily Grind, I was there with a friend several years ago, and she decided that taking her shoes off and walking around the restaurant getting cream, sugar and napkins was a good idea. The owner came out and told her, in what I thought was a restrained voice, that if she wanted to remain, she would need to put her shoes on. She was in the wrong, and it was perfectly within his rights to bring it to her attention. Still and all, many in this town behave strangely!

2 Thank joy m
Brownsburg, Indiana
“Rude, Obnoxious Owner!! Enjoys yelling at customers!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Owner was rude, loud and obnoxious! There were 3 of us and after we spent $25 in his store, he yelled at me (so loud that everyone in the place heard him!) because I opened a bag of nuts from another store!! Really can't believe such a jerk can stay in business. We will never go back and others walked out with us (before ordering ) also saying what a jerk he was! Really unbelievable!

7 Thank DebbieE1216

Been to The Daily Grind? Share your experiences!