“the best little coffee shop”
Review of The Daily Grind

The Daily Grind
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 5, 2013

dont leave nasville without stopping in. great people, good coffee, delish sandwiches, and cool place to hang out. tell the boss you love the PACKERS!!!

1  Thank linda h

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Turkey Gobbler sandwich and Coffee Cooler is a must have when we visit Nashville. If your a Green Bay Fan, you will be in heaven, here.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We ended up not eating here when we found out the large Chai Latte was $5.95! We didn't even look at the lunch menu. This has been our traditional stop on a hot day of shopping. Never again!

4  Thank Carolyn W
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I like to write very honest reviews. So here comes the full disclosure: I used to work at Starbucks. That being said my visit here was very sad on Friday. I ordered a medium double cappuccino. It was a 16 oz drink I believe. I expected a drink with a little milk, lots of foam and the 2 shots of espresso. What I got was a latte, lots of milk, little foam and 2 shots that I couldn't taste because of all the milk that shouldn't have been in the drink. Further, for the real coffee snobs, the milk was steamed in the cup it was served in, the shots were dropped in last, not mixed as the liquid was poured in, and the shots were pulled and stale by the time they were dropped on the top of my milk/foam. Now I realize the training I received at Starbucks is also sloppy compared to a real shop where the Barista really know what's going on, but this place is ridiculous.
I thought maybe it was a fluke till my Mom ordered a Mocha 5 minutes later. The mocha started with powder, not liquid (yuck). Again, shots pulled, left to sit on machine while milk was steamed in cup it was served in and shots dropped in last on top. This place would do really well if all they served were macchiatos.
They to top it off my wife got yelled at by the owner because she touched and moved a bag we had carried in from a store close by that had food in it. She wasn't eating it, just moved it. He pointed to the "no outside food or drink" sign and reprimanded her. Needless to say we left and I decided to toss the swill I was drinking as did my mother after a few sips of her drink.
Daily Grind..... you better call Gordon Ramsey for some help.

4  Thank RovertDrib
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The coffee is okay but not earth shattering. If you are using a debit or credit card, be aware that there is a $5 or more minimum. I personally didn't want to buy $5 worth of coffee for myself so I walked out. Too bad they feel the need to do this. I'm sure they lose business because of it.

1  Thank bethwalden3