“Interesting Menu”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Georgia
“Interesting Menu”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had lunch here while on a family trip to Brown County. Interesting menu with more than just the usual choices - there are some healthier, "earthier" choices. Food was good, but not great (except the key lime pie was excellent!). Eclectic decor; not really my style, but that's neither here nor there. But, if you use the restroom, you get a glimpse into a grungy back storage area and the kitchen; neither of which really made me want to eat here again.

• Visited June 2013

Brighton, Michigan
“Aweful...keep going”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Yes I did read the reviews and I was swayed by the people who said things have changed. When you first arrive, the place looks really cute and one of the few places we found with a healthier menu. Well the fact is they haven't changed. We were a group of 5 people and arrived after the lunch crowd. We were the only order the kitchen had and I think it took 50 minutes to get our salads and sandwiches. I think all of their employees must have went home that day...and we had to wait for the second shift to come in. Everyone ordered one of the items they are "known" for. Nothing was all that special.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Cathy E
brown county in
“simply never what I expect”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am as native as it gets to good Ol' Brown County and I keep trying the BOOT! Never had my socks knocked off though. The coffee puts hair on my chest which I like, but food and service is mediocre. An elderly lady this morning put it simply" Well that was just an ordinary meal" TRUDAT!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank simplify1972
“Good Eats, Coffee”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Eat here! Breakfast was good. Later I tried the smoothie that had bee pollen and honey with some fruit.

Visited June 2013
Nashville, Indiana
“Great food, ok desserts”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I went the first time to get some dessert on father's day, and to listen to some music. They had both. I ordered the peach pie. The filling was meh at best. The crust had neither the sweet or buttery mouth feel it takes to be a good crust. I went back again for dinner tonight. I had the big lamb/bacon/feta sandwich. I was expecting actual lamb. What I received was the preformed gyro strips cooked to a crisp, along with the bacon/feta. I was not impressed. Until I bit in to it. Somehow, the crisping of the preformed gyro and the bacon meshed, and the feta pushed it over the top. I also had some rhubarb pie and coffee. The first couple cups of coffee were warm vs hot like they should be. My next refill, I went to the carafe and got it myself. It was nice and steamy, so they had either been getting it out of the warm pot, or had brewed a fresh pot. The pie was much better this time. Still not great in my book, but at least acceptable. I will probably go back and get the same sandwich again.

Visited June 2013