“Has potential”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on the recommendation of our innkeeper who started this restaurant but sold it. The ambiance was lovely with live music and a friendly crowd. We got waited on quickly, but the waiter had to come back to our table twice after taking our order to clarify it. The food was nothing special and not very tasty. I ordered a spinach, mushroom, and provolone cheese 3-egg omelet, and the mushrooms and spinach were not cooked at all but left raw and stuffed into the cooked omelet. The cheese had melted, but that was the omelet's only redeeming quality. It was also served lukewarm. It came with house fries, which were ok. My husband got a sandwich that had lamb and bacon on it, and again the meat was barely cooked and lukewarm. We each got a cookie--ginger for me and chocolate chip/molasses for my husband--and both were very good. Keep the baker, but hire a new cook!

1  Thank IowaIndigoGirl
There are newer reviews for Muddy Boots Cafe

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Loved the chicken salad and the friendly atmosphere. I come through here frequently to bring brochures by for Holler Hoppin' zip lines, and am always greeted with a wave or a smile by the staff.

1  Thank Paula B
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Walking through the old screen door, one has a hint of trepidation. Once inside, and you've found a place to sit, the comfort settles in. The staff is quick to take your order and your food comes out in a reasonable amount of time. The food - Good cafe style food that is fresh and tasty. The menu has something for every taste. The service - As I mentioned, quick and courteous. The atmosphere - Eclectic and charming.
Worth the walk to the north side of town.

1  Thank wesNshelly
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I ate here this past weekend. The food was very good and everyone was friendly. I am vegetarian, so I was pleased to find lots of options! My husband is not vegetarian, but like me still enjoyed all of the options and thought the food and prices were great! We both had a grilled cheese that had sautéed onions and a slice of tomato on it. I had a creamed mushroom and spinach soup that was awesome and my husband had homefries. We will definitely eat here again when we are in the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Breakfast places in Nashville, IN abound, but Muddy Boots seems to have the best combination of traditional alternatives and unique special items (fort example, an incredibly large Breakfast Burrito, with or without sausage added). Prices are moderate, but the food is exceptional.

1  Thank Peter B