“Lots Of Memories Here!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Casa del Sol
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Lots Of Memories Here!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

When we were married in 2000 we honeymooned in Brown County. This was the first restaurant we ever went to, back then it was called Maldonados and it was FANTASTIC! I grew up in San Diego....just a few minutes from Mexico and I love Mexican food. I just got married and moved to Indiana 3 weeks previous to my first trip to Maldonados. I had the Carnitas, my favorite thing next to Tacos El Pastor or Carne Asada. Their Carnitas was great! I loved this place so much we went back often. We introduced many friends to the place and would meet people there for dinner even though we live near Plainfield.
Anyway...after they changed to Casa Del Sol we have been about 3 or 4 more times but just do not like it! We have tried but the food does not taste the same at all. All I can say is it now tastes like the rest of Indiana Mexican which is out of a can. I don't know what happened but I wish it would go back to the way it was when it was Maldonados!! I miss it! I would drive a long way for their food!! OH well.......
We have not been in over a year....we may give it another try! I so badly want it to be good again!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Indychristine62

“Best salsa around!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I work near this restaurant and have popped in a few times for dinner. The staff have always been very welcoming, and remembered me after my first visit. Service is prompt and not overbearing. I adore the salsa...can't get enough! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone :)

“Very good experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I ordered the pollo del sol. It was a boneless chicken breast covered with mushrooms, Bacon, and aural (white cheese). It was served on a hot plate fajita style. On another plate rice, beans, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, and pico. Also tortillas shells. It was so good! I can't wait to go back. The portion was large. I have lunch for tomorrow!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nashville, Indiana
“Do Me A Favor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

First of all if you are looking for alcohol in this establishment and that is your biggest problem build a bridge and get over it! This is a family establishment in Nashville, Indiana, my family and I go to this restaurant every Sunday and have for MANY years! Somebody is boo hooing over not having a margarita for Cinco de Mayo, really?? Do you even know anything about that holiday or was it just an excuse to have a drink? In that case there is a local liquor store, bottoms up!

I have been to Mexico several times and love the food there so if you are thinking it is not authentic well duh! TO A DEGREE that is accurate! Short of not being near the ocean for camarones, pescado etc. they are a wonderful establishment with the foods being prepared well and as true to culture as a midwest restaurant could offer. The pricing is affordable and geared towards giving a family a nice meal out.

In regards with the person coming down with a certain strain of ecoli, it is quite remarkable with all of my family and friends frequenting this establishment at least once a week and yet YOU are the only known case hmmm. I am not saying that you did not suffer with it but I am saying you better make darn sure where you contracted it before you start throwing accusations around. With the many, many people served there on a daily basis I have never known anyone to come down with any illness as a result of eating there.

I am not related to the owners or workers of this restaurant and I do not have any personal friendships with anyone in this establishment. I do think it is extremely important that people have an accurate on par review to make a decision.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Cinco de Mayo Ruined”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

The service at the restaurant was just okay. I had been looking forward to a margarita for cinco de mayo and virgin margaritas were not even offered at this restaurant. I ordered fajita tacos and the order was inconsistent. Only one of the three tacos had lettuce and cheese. The shells were very soggy. The salsa served with chips was nearly a liquid. The restaurant was decorated nicely but the restrooms were outside.

Visited May 2012

Been to Casa del Sol? Share your experiences!