We've been coming here for 14 years now, as we got married at this hotel. Used to be a decent place to come. Great food, Great people, good location..!
However, upon checking in, we inquired about a morning waitress we have gotten to know quite well over the last 14 years. Front desk lady said she would probably be in tomorrow morning (Sunday) .. so we were surprised when we got to the restaurant to find ... she retired almost 2 years ago. Does the word not get around? Wow .. that coupled with the almost 5 minute wait until a waitress decided we did want some service. I should add, that even though the buffett is good and well stocked, their prices have gone up .... more than 15 percent. Dinner Saturday night was a real surprise. First thing we noticed was their prices had gone up ... more than 15%. You can't find a chopped Sirloin for less than $16.00, which is ... outrageous. Hell, I can go to Logans in Indy and get that for just over $10..! Evening waitresses were ... sort of standoffish..! Amazing since we were not NEW customers. We decided to eat at the Seasons Restaurant Sunday evening. Wow ... are their prices high ... new menu and I gues we have to pay for the new menu. Not many people there either. We now know why. Prices and service (it was ... ok) but we have decided no more there either.
All in all, Nashville, IN is a neat town and there are newer hotels there given that even the Brown County Inn has raised their basic rate. It is an older hotel that needs a major facelift. It is an ok hotel, but ... really better hotels are closer up town that are newer with more modern furniture and accomodations.
The Brown County Inn has seen the last of us ... and in reality I doubt if they really care. I know that we don't .. which is sad, since when we got married here 14 years ago, I spent a lot of money ... and we have only missed 2 years out of 14, one being last year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brown County Inn is conveniently located just three blocks South of downtown Nashville and a short drive from Brown County State Park. The Inn offers 99 guest rooms with two suites, a restaurant, bar and conference facilities. Amenities include a covered pool pavilion, children's play area, miniature golf, shuffleboard, horseshoes and walkable garden. Each room features a key card lock, private balcony or patio, flat screen tv, phone, coffee maker and bathroom. WiFi is complimentary throughout the Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Brown County Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brown County Hotel Nashville
- Brown County Nashville
- Brown County Inn Nashville