“Totally Dissapointed”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Nashville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Totally Dissapointed”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Made deal on line on Facebook they didn't want to honor even though I had the printed form. Had to get maintenance to fix TV, which was not that big of a deal. Never could get wi-fi kept telling me I needed a password, the girl at the desk kept telling me I didn't. The final and worst thing thank goodness we checked we found two bedbugs. I really hated it because we liked the place. We don't mind old and worn. We loved the atmosphere, and it was a perfect location, but it has really been neglected. We looked at the pool, we don't do pools, but if we did we wouldn't have done that one. It's really a shame.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
INDIANA
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We just got back from Indiana Bike Week and our stay at the Brown County Inn was absolutely amazing. It rained both days that we were there. The housekeeping staff were extremely kind and every morning I went out to my motorcycle there was a fresh dry towel on the seat for me to wipe off the bike. Front desk people along with bar and restaurant staff were super. We will definitely stay again when we go back. E and C

Versailles, Indiana
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Everything old and need of repair. Tub drain, toilet runs, light has no switch-stand on rocker to plug in,halls dirty,sliding door not secure, Overpriced versus condition of property. Will stay not stay here again and will tell all my friends to avoid property and once ownership is established, will avoid any establishment they own plus all my friends also. Not happy.

1 Thank terry b

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Greensburg In
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Location is awesome. Hotel was dirty and run down. Didn't seem from neglect but over use with no upgrading over the years. Several reviews said the rate was good but there were several hotels near by that were cleaner and more modern for the same rate. Unfortunately there was no wifi either. No big deal if the rest of the hotel was ok but in this case an issue. Pool was dirty with visible rust in the drains. Corridors were dark and carpet was filthy. Mattresses in the rooms were cheap or very old. Was very disappointed as this was the premier hotel when I was growing up.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank JayS269
Crestview Hills, Kentucky
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The rate for this hotel I thought was good deal until I got there. It pretty much ruined my trip. Our room was supposed to have a queen bed but it was a murphy bed and it was more like an oversized full but not quite a queen. Plus with it being a murphy bed there was no head board to rest on while watching TV or reading. There was not a fitted sheet on the bed or a mattress cover, so the sheet kept coming off and exposing a mattress...disgusting. Our bathroom was clean but the sink would not drain properly...disgusting again! Also there was an empty water bottle not from us behind the night stand and a dirty coffee cup left in the room prior to our arrival. It is not rustic it is so outdated its hard to even explain. I am pretty sure the comforter was from the 80's!! Our room had mauve colored carpeting so that will tell you how dated everything was. All I wanted after a day of shopping was to come back to a nice room and rest but that is not the case here. I will never stay at this hotel again even if they do update! I checked for bedbugs that is how worried I was and I found none. That is the only good thing I can say about this place.

Room Tip: go the the cornerstone Inn I hear is really nice there! That is where I will be staying the next tim...
1 Thank lori s
Bluffton, Indiana, USA
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Brown County Inn is a bit dated, but still an exceptional value and a great place for a long weekend. The rooms are a bit oldish, but clean and neat. There is an onsite restaurant and lounge, food is decent. The 'heated' pool is actually heated! And, the inn is located at the edge of Nashville Indiana, an artsy community with every kind of knick-knack, or antique, or t-shirt shop. Also, wineries, ice cream shops, and coffee shops, etc. All are within walking distance of the inn. We were motorcycling, and nice touch, the cleaning staff left two towels on our bike each morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Westville, Indiana
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have spent many weekend trips here. We love visiting Brown Co.
The hotel is old, but kept up, clean and good service. It is very close to the
State Park and town. We have eaten in their restaurant and the meals where good.

Room Tip: Autumn is a very busy time, need to book way in advance, however try mid week if possible. Foliage...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple