“sad don't go but please read”
Review of Brown County Inn

Brown County Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed October 4, 2012

we have been coming here for many years, we got married here, it hurts us to see bci falling apart, the cleaness, the structure is coming apart, we were here in aug, 2012 us and our grandson pick up alot of trash outdoors, one day we were on the deck and did not hear the knock on the door the housekeeping came on in without our permission, in the past years if we forgot to put the maid sign out door knob, the front desk would call to see if we needed anything, i believe it is against the law to go in a room without permission, i could have been in the shower and did not hear the knock, i have always loved brown county inn and i have alot of respect for so many people there through all the years there has been so much caring, making sure every thing is good, helping with any problems, i hope what ever has gone wrong will get fixed, i wish everyone that works at brown county well, my heart hurts from what has happened

Room Tip: choose room 202 or 204 the view is beautiful ,the service was great in the lounge or restaurant but...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank janet c
There are newer reviews for Brown County Inn

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed there last fall, for two night and the noise above was horrible, that kept us up most of the night and it seemed no one really cared. The rooms are what they are old and not updated. The staff was courteous and food at the restaraund and the tavern were the best part of the stay which includes not being in the room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After reading some of the reviews below about the musty smell in the rooms and all I almost wished I had canceled my reservation. But we all know it is tough reserving any room at this time of year I have stayed there many times in the past as it is my favorite place. Two main reasons the location to all the shops and I love their swimming pool! It is one of the best! It is heated and feels really good to take a morning swim in. Saturday my girlfriend and I had the entire olympic size pool to ourselves! I did not smell any musty smell anywhere in the hotel. I suppose if I looked hard enough I could have found something wrong. In all we totally enjoyed ourselves and had a very nice breakfast there following our swim. I would reccommend to my friends and family to stay a nite or two!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marilyn P
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the BRI on an impromptu visit to Nashville. It was not a good experince! The bathroom floors had lots of hair on them, clearly they had not been cleaned from previous guest. The sound from the room above was so loud it kept me awake all night and morning, no sound proofing between the floors. The rooms are very dated and grimy, the bedding didn't stay on the bed, the box springs were exposed and the pillows were flat. The phone in the room had a static problem so couldn't use it to call out when cell phone went dead, the front desk said would just have to come to front desk if needed to use a phone. It just didn't seem worth the price! Needs alot of TLC!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jessiejae
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I were going to Nashville to watch a show at the Palace Theater, and thought a dinner would be nice before. We looked at some other places before settling on the BCI, and it was not to bad. My wife ordered the fried chicken dinner and I ordered the roast pork dinner and they were both good. Both dinners came with salad, soup, and dinner roll basket. The salad was okay, not many choices to add to it, the soup was a Taco soup and the rolls were store bought, but not bad.

My wife said the chicken was better than other places she had been to and the roast of pork was not bad, came with a dipping juice. The baked potato was good, and the table water had a good taste, no after taste.

Both meals were $15.00 each and the waitress was super nice even for a busy night they had, we were seated quickly, order taken quickly and severed quickly. I wish we had more time for desert but we had a show to catch.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BackYardDad
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were told the restaurant at the inn had excellent food. We must have ordered the wrong thing, but the server recommended the pork loin. The pork was very very dry and tough to chew, the baked potato was not baked long enough, the salad bar was the best part of the meal. The carpet could really use a shampoo, it's absolutely filthy and the wall behind the cash register is stained and grimy. I can appreciate quaint but as we sat there I started to wonder if the dining room is so dirty what does that kitchen look like?

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank okbyila
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and found it rustic and quaint so I wanted to do something special for my best friend who was spending a few days back in the Midwest that she is missing so much. I thought it would be great to stay here and be close to all the boutique shopping in Nashville. I was so embarassed by the conditon of the hotel. Upon entering the musty smell will knock you over. We had several hallways to walk down and the carpet was stained and the hallways also smelled very musty and mildewy. The furniture in the room was scuffed and needs to be replaced. The chairs on the patio were filthy. The room and bathroom overall was clean, which surprised me after seeing the lobby and the hallways. Was hurried out of the restaurant because they wanted to shut down for the evening at 8 PM. Was sure sad to see such a great place go to pot, but I won't be returning or recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends