WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Brown County Inn

Brown County Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Nashville
Indiana
“Not to bad to eat there on a Friday evening.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I were going to Nashville to watch a show at the Palace Theater, and thought a dinner would be nice before. We looked at some other places before settling on the BCI, and it was not to bad. My wife ordered the fried chicken dinner and I ordered the roast pork dinner and they were both good. Both dinners came with salad, soup, and dinner roll basket. The salad was okay, not many choices to add to it, the soup was a Taco soup and the rolls were store bought, but not bad.

My wife said the chicken was better than other places she had been to and the roast of pork was not bad, came with a dipping juice. The baked potato was good, and the table water had a good taste, no after taste.

Both meals were $15.00 each and the waitress was super nice even for a busy night they had, we were seated quickly, order taken quickly and severed quickly. I wish we had more time for desert but we had a show to catch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BackYardDad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We were told the restaurant at the inn had excellent food. We must have ordered the wrong thing, but the server recommended the pork loin. The pork was very very dry and tough to chew, the baked potato was not baked long enough, the salad bar was the best part of the meal. The carpet could really use a shampoo, it's absolutely filthy and the wall behind the cash register is stained and grimy. I can appreciate quaint but as we sat there I started to wonder if the dining room is so dirty what does that kitchen look like?

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank okbyila

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Kennard, IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and found it rustic and quaint so I wanted to do something special for my best friend who was spending a few days back in the Midwest that she is missing so much. I thought it would be great to stay here and be close to all the boutique shopping in Nashville. I was so embarassed by the conditon of the hotel. Upon entering the musty smell will knock you over. We had several hallways to walk down and the carpet was stained and the hallways also smelled very musty and mildewy. The furniture in the room was scuffed and needs to be replaced. The chairs on the patio were filthy. The room and bathroom overall was clean, which surprised me after seeing the lobby and the hallways. Was hurried out of the restaurant because they wanted to shut down for the evening at 8 PM. Was sure sad to see such a great place go to pot, but I won't be returning or recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pinkmingomom
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This place has so much potential. Upon check-in we were not greeted, we were treated like a nuisance. We had to argue with the woman about why it is NOT ok to copy my husbands military I.D. Our roomed smelled horrible. Our blankets felt like they had been soaked in starch. The prices for the restaurant were crazy high for the portion size. Very upsetting..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stephanie R
Hobart, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I give up after all these years of staying here. It was a great place at one time! The owner has milked this place far too long without spending any money for remodeling or upkeep.Boards and nails warped and popped up on deck around pool. Outside light to playground broke for years. Rotted board on sidewalk rotted and orange cone placed there for a year now. Min. golf in horrible condition. Rooms have never been remodeled in my over 10 years of going there. Used to be there almost every other month. No one remembers us at any of our visits back.Have never ever seen anything to show appreciation for me or my familes business. The front desk is never friendly or willing to say anything more than one sentence. You cant help but like the dining room and bar staff who are long time employees and still care about the place and are always nice to us. But it is time to move on,

Room Tip: These rooms are all the same, so does not matter!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank bob A
Monroe, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were NOT impressed, and will not stay there again. When we 1st entered the room I was struck by the darkness of the room. Even with all the lamps on, it was still VERY dark. There was wood paneling along 1 whole wall, with evidence that something (a decorative piece of wood?) had been removed. There was also a musty/moldy smell to the room. There was a child’s toy gun and 2 ping pong balls under one of the beds leftover from a previous guest, so obviously the room hadn’t been vacuumed properly. The carpet just outside our room had a big rip in it. The bottom sheet on the bed was too small – it didn’t stay tucked in. Our room had a balcony, which was nice, but the chairs were dirty. The whole place is in desperate need of a remodel! But my biggest problem is that the “free wi-fi” didn’t work the whole weekend. Friday late afternoon I called the front desk when I couldn’t get online and the gal said it was down, and that they were working on it (I wasn’t convinced that they were, in fact, actually working on fixing it). I tried several times from then until Sunday morning, but was never able to get online. When we checked out I asked for a discount because of the wi-fi problem and she gave us $40 off. On the other hand, the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank BarbeeS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I decided we would stay at the BCI because we're from the area and recently moved away. We wanted to stay close to town so we could walk and enjoy the shops. That was on positive. Location was decent. Not much can be done by that.

Room smelled musty and moldy when we walked in. We tried to get a couple sodas, they came out HOT. Tried to make coffee in the morning. House keeping must be SUPER LAZY or just ignorant because there was a USED and OPENED coffee package. Really...? Huge stains on the carpet....

I would NOT recommend the BCI to anyone...... renovations have to got to be done to keep up with the hospitality industry down here. I work in the customer service and hospitality industry, and when I see little things like this, it just makes me very disappointed. Maybe that's because I set high standards for myself.

Don't waste your money to come here. o not worth it......

• Stayed August 2012