See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I took my three teenage granddaughters, (ages: 19, 15, 14) there for a nights stay. I booked the Coppes Suite for them. I thought they would like the big 100 year old, 65 gallon bathtub. After I booked that room, I found out none of them took baths. I stayed in the Catherine Room, down the hall. It had a pull chain toilet, and a regular shower. I told the girls if they just had to take a shower they could use mine. Well, all of us tried out the big bathtub. Pure Relaxation! The hostess, Christine, told the girls they didn't have to get dressed as long as their pajamas were decit. to come down for 8:30 breakfast. There was no way I was going to have 3 teenage girls with hair and make up done by that time. Chris kind of catered to the girls by making a chocolate coffee cake to go along with an egg,cheese, sausage, and bacon casserole. This is something that teenage girls would not have done on their own. They had a wonderful time,and have plenty of pictures to prove it.

Room tip: The Coppes room, Victorian, and Catherine rooms are good. The sewing room is smaller, and bathroom is not in the room, it is separate, outside the room. Maids Quarters might have been nice for me, but I wasn't walking up another flight of stairs in this old house. It is not handicap accessible, you have to climbs stairs to get to any of the rooms.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Gloriousglo
Reviewed April 23, 2006

The only room available when we booked was the sewing room, the room below the maid's chamber. Unbeknowst to us, the floorboards in the maid's chamber creak excruciately loudly and are very thin. We retired and fell asleep only to be woken-up by the guests upstairs who were talking and walking around in their room. Each and every step made such loud sounds that we couldn't fall back asleep until they got into bed, but then, we could hear the gentleman snoring. Once we did actually fall asleep, we were awaken every time one of them got up and walked to the bathroom which was frequent. In the morning, instead of waking on our own, the sound of them getting up and walking around woke us up, and this was hours before we planned on waking up. It was impossible to fall back asleep until they were done showering, getting dressed and left their room. In two nights, we had the most miserable sleep, if we slept at all.

Date of stay: April 2006
8  Thank Asyngin
Reviewed November 10, 2003

We had a wonderful experience at the Victorian Guest House, a big pink house with impressive original woodwork and stained glass, and even some of the original furniture. We called on the spur of the moment, late one afternoon. The hostess, Vickie, told us she had two rooms still available, the Maid's Quarters and the Sewing Room. We chose the Maid's Quarters and were extremely pleased with it. The photo on the web site doesn't do it justice; it has intriguing angles and woodwork, attractive decorating, and a large bathroom with both a claw foot tub and a separate shower. The room is up an additional stairway from the other guest rooms, so it has a lot of privacy.

A tray of hot drinks was waiting on our bed when we arrived, and included two of what Vickie calls "Blond Brownies." I would have said they were Lemon Squares, and the best ones I've ever had. There is a gift shop where you can buy two cookbooks of Vickie's recipes, and one includes the Blond Brownies recipe. Breakfast was also excellent, and Vickie and Bruce were great company. We truly felt welcomed and pampered.

When we were getting ready to leave, Vickie was removing the sheets from the beds and left all the doors open so we could see the rooms. I liked them all. Even the Sewing Room, though quite small, is attractively decorated.

7  Thank Jenfishg