“Wonderful meal”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2015

You have to have the Threshers Dinner. It is an unbelievable value. Be sure and have the bean soup, the country chicken,sage dressing, mashed potatoes of course a home baked pie to complete the meal. The wait staff was friendly and provided great service.

3  Thank RusPat_704

Reviewed August 13, 2015

Love it. Could eat here every day of the week! Tasted like good home cooking, noodles are exceptional!

Reviewed August 11, 2015

Whenever we attend the art fair at Amish Acres, we work up an appetite from all the walking. I forget that MOST, if not ALL, of the Amish restaurants in the area are closed on Sunday, with one exception being the restaurant at Amish Acres.
I inquired about that, and it was explained to me that on Sunday, none of the employees working are Amish, this is their day of rest, and they are working on all the other days. Now I know why this is where we end up having dinner every visit.
I love the idea of eating local fare, and I love the idea of the Thresher's family style meal. There is plenty of everything, and most of the food is very good. We tried the fried chicken, which was delicious, as was the turkey. Our waitress was very attentive, bringing us plenty of bread, butter and apple butter with our bean soup. When she delivered the mashed potatoes, she mentioned she put extra butter for us without asking ( I realized why....one of the other reviews mentioned "instant potatoes") green beans tasted like canned. My husband ate all of the noodles and beef so that had to be ok or he was extra hungry, but only ate one chicken piece and a slice of turkey.
They were out of half of the desserts, but what we had was delicious. My coconut cream pie was fabulous........
but all in all, for $20 each, not including tip, this can be a pricey meal, unless you are very hungry, for mediocre food. I'll add at this point that Jenna, our server, said they closed at 5 but do not throw people out. We were seated about 4:45, along with a few other groups. Despite the fair, the restaurant was more than half empty....I remember long waits, so I have to surmise that I am not the only person that sits, looks around, and is thinking that the place needs a good, really good cleaning and maybe a refinish on the floor. The mismatched chairs give it barn charm, and, again, Jenna was wonderful, but I kept looking around thinking how it looked dirty all around me and wondering things like.....do they empty the apple butter crock after each seating.....hmm!

2  Thank Sharon455
Reviewed August 9, 2015

Chicken, noodles etc. were good but mashed potatoes tasted like they were instant and made with water. We were told they had no banna pie because it was seasonal. When did bannas become seasonal. Waitress seemed in a grumpy mood and at least 3 other tables were seated after us but waited on first.

3  Thank Karen W
Reviewed August 4, 2015 via mobile

I really enjoyed the fried chicken, noodles, bread, and mashed potatoes. I didn't care for the coleslaw and dressing. Our service was OK in the beginning, but improved greatly during the meal. I was really excited to have it after waiting 12 years. It was good, but a little pricey ($14.95). Overall, I would return, but not too soon.

Been to Amish Acres Restaurant Barn? Share your experiences!