“Best Meal You are Likley to Have in a Barn” 4 of 5 bubbles

Amish Acres Restaurant Barn
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Nappanee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chalmers, Indiana
“Best Meal You are Likley to Have in a Barn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

When rating this restaurant I believe the overall experience should be considered heavily into the overall meal rating. I have eaten hear four times. Each time I was always very pleased. This last time it appeared to be a little difficult to get prompt and courteous service. We had the Threshers Dinner, which was included in our room, Round Barn Theatre play, and Amish Acres tour so we thought it was a very good value. The surroundings kept your eyes busy taking it all in...there is animal life wandering the grounds of the farm (peacocks, ducks, turkeys, chicken and the horse drawn carriage) or you can focus inward on the hand hewn beams that form the ceiling of this Amish built barn. The family style dinner for two was overall a pleasant experience. I felt the helpings for two of us was meager, but it is all you can eat so the waitress was willing to bring us second helpings on the items we wanted more of. We enjoyed the fried chicken and roast beef. The roast beef is some of the best I have had at a restaurant. It is amazingly tender and very tasty. The sides were well done except for the noodles which were tasteless. I am a pie fanatic so to end a very fulfilling meal on that kind of note is very pleasing to this reviewer. I almost forgot the apple butter which is just a nice compliment to the meal. I would rate the food as excellent inspite of the noodles. Choose the Thresher Dinner served family style when you come here to eat would be my recommendation.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wetravelalot007

Springfield, Tennessee
“A lot of food to share”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We ate here as part of a package deal we purchased at Amish Acres that included everything at Amish Acres, the thresher dinner and two tickets to see the play Footloose. All of this for $100 for two was a very good deal. We did some wine tasting before dinner at the wine tasting bar above the restaurant and purchased a nice black walnut wine (think Bailey's Irish Crème). The meal gave the option of picking two meats to share (we had fried chicken and very lean roast beef), soup, bread, coleslaw, Amish noodles, bread and butter pickles, cinnamon butter, a drink and a large selection of desserts. I had to try the Shoo Fly pie. It was delicious but very sweet. The servers are mostly hard working college kids and they do an excellent job in attending to every request. Not sure what the price is without the package, but it was a lot of food. It isn't the most fantastic food but way better than your average chain restaurant. We ate just before the play started so it was a great night out.

1 Thank Tennessee50plus
Portage, Indiana
“Fun Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I haven't been here in over twenty years. My family and I stopped in here on a Sunday to grab some lunch. The staff was all very friendly and our daughter loved walking around the shop prior to us being sat at our table. Since they do not offer their usual lunch menu on Sundays, we ordered the family style meal. Although nice, a bit pricey for a lunch. The food, however, was great and it was a fun experience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Everything was super tasty!! Tons of food!! And in combination with tours I felt very reasonably priced. Come hungry!!

1 Thank Mouseketraveler
Goshen
“Homemade Amish food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Food was fantastic and lots of it. The only draw back was they wouldn't let you take a doggie bag and there was lots of our food left over(the meat) and I hated to see it go to waste.

Visited July 2014