“THRESHERS DINNER home made are you kidding?????”

Amish Acres Restaurant Barn
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Nappanee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The food was bland really really BLAND and the mashed potatoes were INSTANT. The beef and noodles had NO BEEF IN IT. The ham was normal round grocery store ham. The chicken was VERY hard to pull from the bone. I had a hard time cutting it with a knife.(NO taste)The bean soup came in an iron pot that had old soup stuck to the sides and a little in the bottom it was ok but it looked bad I really wasn't sure if we should eat it. We ask for applebutter and the girl reached to a table next to us (where a man was eating) and put it on our table, it had dried crusty apple butter all over it. We ask if it was possible to get a fresh one and the girl took it and came back with what looked like the same one wiped a little (still all smeared) Everything was served in tiny desert bowls The gravy boat had gravy all over it,you could see that it had been poured. It may have had a few tablespoons in it.(cold) Looked like it may have been moved from table to table. Everything was maybe luke warm at best.The piece pie was very small and the crust was tough. On the way out we got a "pumpkin bars" it was a 8x8 CAKE with iceing with out any question CANNED frosting. I thought we were going to get a fantastic HOMEMADE meal but we were very unhappy. At $40.00 for 2 ARE YOU KIDDING?????????

3  Thank PIEMAKER123

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The food was good, and more than enough! Our waitress, Jen, did a wonderful job, but the busboy was obnoxious and annoying and walked out!! We could hear some of the wait-staff yelling and complaining in the kitchen. We were let down by the dirty utensils on our table, as well as dirty dishes and glasses. There were 3 other tables near us that complained about dirty dishes. I have to say there is a lot of food wasted, which really bugs me. What we couldn't finish they just threw away instead of offering a bag. Might go back some day, but not tops on my list.

2  Thank vixen90
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having eaten here over the past years I knew what a terrific meal Amish Acres offered. After a great stay at The Inn at Amish Acres I decided to take advantage of the Threshers Meal again and was so glad I did. Fair price, fantastic food, everything was hot and was able to take dessert home with me. Do not pass up a chance to eat in this beautiful, charming restaurant.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ordered off the lunch menu, which was nice because there was no way my aunt or I would have been able to do the thresher's dinner justice.

We had turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was good and filling.

Service was SO slow, I actually got up at one point to try and find our waitress and couldn't find anyone at all to help us. It was not crowded at all, so I'm not sure what the problem was. We waited a really long time for our meal and then we waited it seemed like forever to get the check.

The restaurant itself seemed dingy and dated.

1  Thank Jennie30
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We went for a Sunday afternoon lunch as we were in the area. Not sure if it was the particular time or day we visited, but hardly any visitors were there. Restaurant and grounds were mostly empty. We have visited here many times over the years and while the food is good, seems to be lacking from past visits. We had the Threshers style meal. The beef noodles and roast beef were excellent. The rest was just average.