See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 17, 2014

This was our first visit to Nappanee. I should have been more concerned when we first checked in and there was not another car in the parking lot and no one around! This should have been a red flag since it was a Friday. We purchased an all inclusive package deal, a special to see the matinee of Plain and Fancy, dine at the Thresher Dinner and tour Amish Acres. No one mentioned that there were train(s) running right across the street ALL NIGHT and day!! I do not agree that this town is "quiet" at all. I am a light sleeper and no amount of pillows over my ears or other options could fix it. I guess I'd better get some ear plugs!! Our room was in the back of the building and the girls at the front desk were accommodating to our needs. The room had stains on the floor as well as the comforter and felt dingy. The TV was very outdated. I felt we were overcharged for this type of accommodation. As we were driving through town, we drove by the Amish Acres Inn and there were all the cars with a packed parking lot! Even so, I haven't a desire to stay here again and I do not recommend it to anyone else.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank midwestraveler2014
Reviewed October 15, 2014

We thought our reservation was at the Amish Acres Inn; stopped there, and were directed to the "Nappanee Inn". It looked a little rough; carpet was dirty in the halls and the beds were very low and just double beds. Still, we weren't worried, until I flushed the toilet. The water spewed up like a geyser, all over the seat. At the same time, the nice man at the desk was delivering us a borrowed iron and board (The rooms have neither, nor do they have a blow-dryer!) ; he came to the door, and we showed him the toilet. He said, "Oh, my goodness! I have never seen a toilet do that!" He moved us quickly to the other end of the inn.

I got ready to take a shower and saw that my towel had several places which were almost complete holes and the edges were frayed and stringy. It was clean, however. My husband got ready to take his shower and found that his towel was used and smelled very bad; it was still wet. He took the towel to the desk and was given a bunch of clean ones, but again, frayed and stringy.

The beds were not comfortable; pillows very cheap and small and the bottom sheet was just a flat sheet. We had just begun to fall asleep when we found out the railroad runs right by the inn and it really sounded like the train was in the room. SO LOUD; I think I heard six trains between 11:00 and 12:00. I finally fell asleep and was awakened by a very loud party above our room. I called the desk three times; the people kept talking loud.

On the up side, we were given a thirty dollar discount. The food for breakfast was pretty good. The restaurant at the Amish Acres part was excellent and she took off our charge for the play and the meal, which made our bill very reasonable. I wish the management could see that they need to up-date the beds, the towels, the carpet, and especially the toilets. (Someone at the restaurant told us she could tell us horror stories about the toilets at the Nappanee Inn).

Room tip: Just don't stay there. But definitely eat at Amish Acres; and the gift shop there is interesting; we found stuff to take our grandkids and had found nothing in the much more accomodating Shipshewana. The musical was good and the theatre so interesting.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank suziecurtisjones50
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We spent one night in Nappanee, we saw a show at the theater in town, took a wagon ride and did some shopping. All in all, the town is quiet and we enjoyed ourselves. The Inn could use some updating. It was clean and the room was quiet. If the management would spend some time and money updating the rooms and the hotel in general it would be a ten on the list, however will have to give it a 6. The train is a factor - very noisy if you're not used to that kind of noise! They have apparently updated their computer system and there is only one person there who knows how to use it. Disappointing.

Room tip: Rooms are quiet, except for the train across the street. Hotel is close to shopping and play.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank wrightstatemom
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was our first visit to Nappanee. We traveled with friends that had been there before and had stayed at the Inn at Amish Acres. We opted for the $99 package and were given rooms at the Nappanee Inn since the Amish Acres Inn was full. The Nappanee Inn has definitely seen better days. The décor was very worn and dated. Our room was clean, but our friends had a filthy black ring in their toilet. They were told it was because of the "local" water. Strange, our toilet was spotless. The people working for the Inn tried to accommodate us, but there's only so much they can do. Between the uncomfortable mattress and the train running by all night, we didn't get much sleep. My recommendation would be to visit Amish Acres during the day and find another place to sleep.

Room tip: If you want a good room, travel on down the road.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank blossomjt
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed at The Nappanee Inn July 31 thru August 1 during the Amish Acres Festival and other activities in the area.

Our room was just OK--very worn but clean. The TV didn't have much sound at all (we could not listen to it) and we reported it to the front desk and he had no idea what to do..so we had to "live with it" both nights. The second night we came back to our room and could not get into the room with our keys. We had to go down to the desk and again they weren't sure what to do and let us in with the master key but we didn't have access to "IN and OUT" on the room.

The breakfast was horrible. Just bagels and eggs and juice...this was supposed to be their "DELUXE" breakfast.

All in all, our stay was not very good and would not recommend but not too many other places to stay

Room tip: Not sure--owners need many updates to hotel---no elevator to second floor
Date of stay: July 2014